Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Swapping intakes on my 400 M, just kidding!!

About the M, trying to rattle a few cages! Do I need to use a valley pan? I got an intake set from jegs, it has no pan, but when I took the Edekbrock off of the donor engine, it had a pan. I hate valley pans.

Fellro

Staff member
The pan is sold separately. Should be able to get it through a local parts house.

Fellro

Staff member
I would recommend keeping it. You might be able to run it without it, but I have generally just kept the pans in when they had them. Now, it is possible the Edelbrock does not need it. Might be worth a call to the tech line to get an opinion.

Do not use the valley pan on an aluminum intake, you must an intake gasket set in order to get the intake to seal to the heads and block.

Thank you, but another problem has arisen.

The intake set I got from Jegs does not line up with the water jackets on the intake. They sent me Part number : edelbrock 7265.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I ONLY use valley pans. FelPro...don't remember the PN though. Not required, but I prefer using them to keep hot oil off the intake. Don't use the little rubber seals for the ends, rubber tends to get slick when oil is involved, and they'll get spit out anyway, unless you use a metric butt ton of rtv. The valley pan is a one time use crush gasket (even though I've used them several times)...so they'll seal just fine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts