Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Suspension question

FordBoy86

Kentucky Chapter member
A buddy of mine said that you can take the front suspension off an f250 and put it on a f150 andfit bigger tires. I am talking about 94 or so model. Is there any truth to this, if so what parts can be used?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know it can done, I've seen it. As far as I know, you'd need absolutely everything. You'd be going from coils to leaves, yadda yadda yadda. If I were you, it would be easier and probably cheaper to just get a lift.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
What a lot of guys will do is take the coil springs from a 2WD F250/F350 and put that on his 4wd F150-- this will give something like 2-3" of lift.

msb71 (Mike) did that swap and got a couple inches of lift. You might wanna send him a PM ;)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
To quote the"""pig""" going to the trouble solid axle it.

The F350 2x4 coils r good for . 1"-1 1/2" over a set of F150 new coils . But I've seen fronts sag so bad that the F350 coils raise front 3" . Most good Alinement shops (not mega shops) had HD chamber kits to Fix the slight \ / You might get . Or the lift manufacturers have them .

But if want more than 33's go with lift .

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts