Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Supercharger Kit

Hi there I am looking at getting a 2003 F150 and was wondering if anyone knew of a supercharger kit that works for the 5.4 in this year truck? I haven't had much luck with searching and was hoping someone here knew of a kit that required little to know mods, all I would be willing to do is a cam for the most part, I really don't want to build the motor as it will be my daily driver.
Thanks,
Big Don

The issue with that is Allen Engineering (maker of that) went out of business quite a few years ago.
But I did find a procharger one, but no roots/twin screw style ones that I would prefer.

Sorry I should have checked the link. I remember running into this I had looked at s/c kits for my 98 and found they no longer made them I thought since you truck was newer maybe they still did. Your only choice for a kit is eBay or Craigslist but you would have to make sure that its a complete set with nothing missing. I'm pretty sure the kits come with injectors and fuel pump along with the s/c and hardware then you still need a custom tune after its installed.

It is quite alright, when I was looking to supercharge my MGM I had come across an Allen Engineering one, but I found out after researching that they were all sold and had been used unfortunately.
Thanks I will keep looking.
Oh what about a Lightning kit? I don't know much about the 5.4s from Ford just about all of the other motors I do, but is the Lightnings supercharger a bolt on deal or would I have to beef the motor up first?

I am not sure about how much of the lightning blowers being bolt on. It should fit the engine no problem the lightning pickups have 5.4s also.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
If you continue down this path...hit me up! I know a thing or two about them.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Lightning superchargers are a bolt on, just need a tune.
Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Partially true. But make sure you know EXACTLY what you are wanting, BEFORE making ANY move!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Boss, no. Harley, if you find one in a junkyard... BUY IT!

Yeah, those are hard to find. At least I know what I can and can't do. But I don't what I will end up getting now. It is hard to find any trucks I like, but at least I know now for future reference. Thanks

I know they are, I have a turbo setup I have designed for the Crown Victorias/Grand Marquis's. Just don't have the time or money to build it.
I would rather supercharge as it is more streetable versus a 600+hp truck, I still want it to be useful and not a money pit.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
A twin turbo setup with the right size turbo'd will be more street able more effeciant and better gas mileage than a supercharged setup. And have power on demand as well..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts