Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Supercab fuel tank question

Manimal

California Chapter member
Hey everyone, I havent posted here in a LONG time(actually just back in to a real truck..smilieFordlogo ..77 F250 Supercab 2wd)
My question is about the front side mount fuel tank. When I got the truck, the tank was held in by ratchet straps:hammer: ,so I went to pick a part and picked up straps and hardware from a single cab long bed....THERE NOT THE SAME! So I need some info/pics on these straps. Also are the tanks the same as a std cab? How can I tell if I have a Supercab tank or not?
Again any pics will be MOST helpful and APPRECIATED. Thank You
-Lance

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
77 F250 Supercab 2wd. My question is about the front (mid-ship) fuel tank.

When I got the truck, the tank was held in by ratchet straps, so I went to pick a part and picked up straps and hardware from a single cab long bed.

THEY'RE NOT THE SAME!
1977 F250 Super Cab with Mid-Ship Fuel Tank.

D4TZ-9054-C .. Front Fuel Tank Strap / Marked: D4TA-9054-CA / Obsolete

D4TZ-9054-D .. Rear Fuel Tank Strap / Marked: D4TA-9054-DA or -DB / Obsolete

Fits: 1974/79 F100/350 Super Cab only w/mid-ship fuel tank.

No FoMoCo Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has either strap.

Last edited:

Manimal

Thank You! Now I have to just figure out if I have a supercab tank or not. Are there any signs to look for? filler/sender placement? shapes? Thanks again. I am also planning on a 38g rear tank since my original is gone too. Rock Auto has them for $130,sure beats LMC for $340!

FuelFillersforF-series.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
:rotz: Dennis, you posted the wrong Ford truck parts catalog pic in post #3. The OP is not asking about an aft-axle tank.

The OP has a 1977 F250 SUPER CAB w/a MID-SHIP fuel tank.

This is the correct illustration: Section 90 .. Page 25 / With this pic, the OP should be able to figure out what he has.

Last edited:

Manimal

Dennis and Bill, you guys are great! I appreciate this help very much!

:rotz: Dennis, you posted the wrong Ford truck parts catalog pic in post #3. The OP is not asking about an aft-axle tank.

The OP has a 1977 F250 SUPER CAB w/a MID-SHIP fuel tank.

This is the correct illustration: Section 90 .. Page 25 / With this pic, the OP should be able to figure out what he has.

I know, I posted that because that is the only I had at the time.

Beleive it or not, I do walk away from the computer..especially now with pins and needles tingling of my right hand.

scan0057.jpg

Last edited:
Here's the illustration for his neighbour with a different truck

scan0058.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
Never mind, thought I had some.

Manimal

Thanks again guys

Manimal

Well, I got the straps today from a 77 F250 4x4....I think that my tank is wrong for the truck.:headbang: I found a guy that is parting out a 79 SC, but wanted to sell me the entire rear half of the truck not just the tanks......what part of that means "parting out"?

Manimal

Well cr@p, I am having one heck of a time finding the right tank, that I think I am gonna just put a 38g rear tank in and forget the side mount. That way I can run true dual exhaust....

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Well, I got the straps today from a 77 F250 4x4....I think that my tank is wrong [confused] for the truck.
Did'ja look at the correct parts catalog pic in post #8 for the 1974/79 Super Cab mid-ship fuel tank?

This is the only pic that was posted that is correct for Super Cab's. Ignore the others.

Last edited:

Manimal

Hey Bill, my tank is totally different than that pic. My sending unit is mid tank almost inline with the filler. Also I could not get the straps to fit around the tank no matter what I did.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts