Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Supercab carpet

I haven't had this problem but I have heard of it over at FTE. Lots of people say you have to lay it out in the sun for a while but 3" is quite a bit

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
There actually is a thread going on over there about the exact same thing. If the carpet is made by ACC, most people are having trouble with it. I for one did also. It was a little narrow going up the sides. I compensated to give about 1" or so gap between the kickpanels and since I have a black rhinolined floor and black carpet I chose to keep it. I also spent alot of time with a hand steamer to get it molded. It's not perfect though and would have liked to get a better quality carpet that fit right. For now it works and figured that it would wear out in no time and so the next time I'd try and spend a bit more and do some more research to get a better quality carpet.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Buck is on it with info. From what I'm hearing/reading ACC is having major issues. I've seen the mold being off, too narrow and bad fit front to rear.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
That would definitly make it 3 inches too narrow. I just got a rubber floor mat for the 72 and went to go rip the old stuff up and I find a nice 6x8 inch hole in the floor of the passenger side that wasnt there last year.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's why I rhino lined my floor inside and underneath. The floors on these trucks are terrible for rotting out and it doesn't take very long with carpet or rubber mats over it.

I got the 2nd carpet with uncut edges. The backing is stiff as hell and I doubt I can get it
to lay down on its own. Its wrinkled terribly too.

Also got a clutch rod boot/grommet and its s little to big for the hole in the fire wall,
and the hole in it for the rod is to large also. It is a Dennis Carpenter boot
But it probably came from LMC.

Can't seem to get anything worth a damn.:headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That sucks!...the DC stuff not fitting is disturbing and I really wish I could find that old link I had to that carpet place.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That sucks!...the DC stuff not fitting is disturbing and I really wish I could find that old link I had to that carpet place.

We were talking about that back and forth and you sent me the link and I put it in my favorites and it's either on my laptop or I'll have to hook up my desk top. I'll try to remember to get that done.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
We were talking about that back and forth and you sent me the link and I put it in my favorites and it's either on my laptop or I'll have to hook up my desk top. I'll try to remember to get that done.

That would be great Ben!

So now the second piece of carpet is being sent back. It has a seam folded and bonded together with the heat treatment
thats not supposed to be there.

Ben, A little help with the link to the other carpet company ? !!

Heres a picture
001-12.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Holy crap Mark!...you're just having a hell of a time with that carpet!:headbang:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You'll probably have your truck back together before I find good carpet:hammer:

The way things seem to be going for you...probably!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts