Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Super Winch dana 44 locking hub issue.

The bolts under the stainless ring on my locking hub housing are backing out when i run them locked in 4wd. Its happened both times ive ran for 10 min or longer in 4wd. Anyone had this problem? I will post a pic later.

This is Ford country. On a quiet night you can hear a Chevy rust.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Shouldn't happen, I've not heard of it happening.....maybe give them a clean and try some blue loctite.

10-4 yeah i was considering loctite. They back all the way out to where the only thing stopping them from coming completely out is the stainless ring.

u4uva7yb.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I remember correctly, the factory ones had a copper wave washer for each bolt....but the replacement kits didn't have them

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I thought you were referring to the small bolts that hold the plastic retainer on...that's what had the copper wave washer.

Had a GM that did that... Loctite worked for me.

Yeah im gonna try loctite. Gonna open it up and clean er out and make sure its got some grease then loctite them bad boys.
This is my first time having this brand locking hub so i just wanted to see if this was common with them. I guess its the housing and not really the hub.
Anybody know how these hold up or compare to Warn or Spicer?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts