Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Summer Project!!

I got a job at the Infiniti dalership by me. Payin me a lot better than my current job. So this summer ill have some extra spending money. I want to keep my truck alive so im planning on doing some upgrades. Heres a little list I put together

Part Name.........................Price..............Part Number
FlowTech Longtubes..............$129.95............IG-12502FLT
BBK Underdrive Pulley.............$96.95.............BBK-1513
MSD SparkPlug Wires..............$98.60.............MSD-32099
MSD Distributor Cap/Rotor.......$23.70.............MSD-8482
TrickFlow Oil fill cap...............$19.39.............TFS-51400800C

Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Just one- pay yourself first (savings account) before you do anything else.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
how about some 1.7 rockers??

is is that the underdrive pully kit that comes with a bigger alternator pully so the alternator stays the same?

Last edited:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Go ahead and get the MSD coil, as well as the box if ya like. Rockers would help, as would some gauges to keep an eye on things..

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ill 2nd the MSD Box and TIF coil. I just did that to my truck. If you have an auto get a shift kit, or service the trans unless you already do. Just do what needs to be done ya know.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
you can get the longtubes and the UDP's for cheaper on Ebay..oh wait that's not politically correct...."less expensive".....hey I got a TB you can buy to up your mid and high end......

you can get the longtubes and the UDP's for cheaper on Ebay..oh wait that's not politically correct...."less expensive".....hey I got a TB you can buy to up your mid and high end......

you loose torque with that TB dont you? or i should say low end

and my tranny only has 50k on it more or less.. was rebuilt bout 3 or 4 years ago

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I do my trans once a year or 30K. Usually once a year seeing I havent put 30k on the truck since I got it. I use it for plowing so I service it just for that reason.

havent changed the fluids yet.. prob gutta do that soon

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Id do that right now. 50K on ATF isnt good. Plus its 3 years old. While your at it shift kit. You will love it.

Id do that right now. 50K on ATF isnt good. Plus its 3 years old. While your at it shift kit. You will love it.

shift kits are expensive arent they?
and dont you have to drop the whole tranny to do it?

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
No....shift kits are a bit pricey but not too bad...and no you don't have to drop the whole tranny....drop the pan and the valve body...as one of the shift kit ads says....if you can drop the pan you can install a shift kit...Chris can tell you more because I have yet to do it but far as I know.....just gotta keep ur eyes on the little ball bearings.JMT

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just change the fluid Never to late .OK I take that back I have got truck That had been change every 30000 or so and they lasted only 12000 .

As for shift kit I think they add to tranny life . They have to Some e40ds slip big time between gears and any thing that helps that is less heat . A good thing.

I need to do shift and cooler on mine I'm always towing hauling.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I got a cooloron mine...I I actually swapped mine out from a parts truck that was twice the size of the stocker...now I found another one that is 3 times the size...I'll be swappin that out too......

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah the shift kit is relatively straight forward. You just drop the pan/filter, then drop the valve bods and the separate plate and follow the directions that come with it. I bought the B&M 10055 TransPak for around $80 shipped and it took me a few hours to install. If you can read directions you can install your own shift kit ;)

Junior, which trucks are you finding this those huge coolers on them?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea shift kit is super easy. Just go slow. Trust me you will love ur E4OD after. JR get that shift kit in.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts