Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stuck bolts... Now what?!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well my question was... I've never taken metal to a scrap guy where they pay you for it... Would these things be worth anything to a scrap guy like that? Cuz I can just as easily throw them in my trash can...

Do like the rest of us.. pile the scrap metal in a back corner of a yard and haul it all in at one time.

Well...that is what we rednecks do in AR.

I have a bunch of aluminum, steel, and various ranger/Bronco II parts I need to get rid of. Just never think about it when the weather is decent. LOL

Just for a couple of rotors it would not be worth the gas money unless you drive by the place on your way somewhere.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah keep it around here ain't an option, my mom already bitches about the extra parts I keep lying around.

I'll just drop em in the trash can YelloThumbUp Thanks guys.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I'm sure your hippie hood must have recycle bins that you put out with the trash each week. Tosd them in there and let them be recycled.

I can't imagine it would be worth the gas for you to drive to the scrapper to sell them. Not even in Trista's tree-hugger-mobile

At least you are dealing with Discs Chris...

Drum brakes are a total *****...

Ive used WD40 in the past, and it worked out fine for me... *shrug*

Why do you say that? Just curious.

They are pretty easy, if you have the right tools for the springs and things.

yeah but thats the problem, I really dont. And then I do stupid stuff and dont pay attention, hook something up wrong then completely disassemble again. And you need like 3 hands to get all the springs and stuff back. :headbang:

Ahh I see. One thing I do have...is the tools.

I also learned a long time ago...do one side at a time. That way you can compare to the other side...before the drum goes back on.

Now...I actually take a digi pic before I disassemble them. I can do both at once. The memory is the first to go when you get old. :(

That sounds really weird using a digital camera to work on a 52 year old truck..... :suspicious:

Anyone else notice that?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol yeah. I buy into what they're saying though, seems perfectly logical to me.

Sooo... No more recycling for me, it's counterproductive :)

Lol yeah. I buy into what they're saying though, seems perfectly logical to me.

Sooo... No more recycling for me, it's counterproductive :)

Oh yeah, me too. Man made global warming is also bullsh!t...

Most looney left-wing liberal movements are bullsh!t.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Do like the rest of us.. pile the scrap metal in a back corner of a yard and haul it all in at one time.
Hah...I leave that sort of thing in the garage in case I one day need one. Not sure what I would ever do with one, but it's got to be good for something...

Drum brakes are a total *****...
I've had a lot more problems with the disc brakes on m truck than the drums. And enough tools to make drums "do-able" aren't that expensive- less than the cost of paying somebody to do it for you once...

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I agree global warming is a climate cycle. Go back over the years nothing new happening here same old patterns over hundreds of years.
Nothing but liberal propaganda.Al Gore jumped on the band wagon for the money and some of the people to naive to research things fall for it.

The big ozone layer scare a few years ago where there was a x mile wide hole that prompted no CFC's. the banned the CFC's here and it magically closed when every where else around the world they still have CFC products.

Ford Truck Articles