Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stolen Truck!!!!

ok here we go, i sold my 92 f150 to a guy and he never made his final payment, i have asked him for over a month now to pay me and he is dodging me, so i am going to go repo it, i can get in it just fine but i dont have a copy of the key, the problem is starting it and starting it fast. can i just take a flat head and a hammer and slam it into the cylender and turn it? or is there an easier way, i mean i could hot wire it but the wheel will lock. i dont wanna get the cops involved i just wanna go get it please dont tell me to get the feds involved. anyways, getting in is no problem like i said its starting it thats the problem. if i could pry off the locking mechanism and hot wire it underneath the dash with the 2 red wires and pop the hood and hit the solenoid then i would be golden. i need helpp guys this guy is trying to sell my truck on CL as we speak. and he doesnt even have the title! I DO! please help and ASAP

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Print off the craigs list ad and take it to the cops with your title.

What you are suggesting is going to open a can of worms and get your ***** in trouble along with his.

Ryan

i went to the police tonight and hey said since i sold it without proper a proper LEIN that i am jat just as much fault as he is and legally we are both in the wrong. my buddy wants to meet up with him tomorrow and act like hes interested int he truck and take a test drive and not come back.

You never said how much the last payment is. You could cause more damage to the truck then the payment might be.

What's your buddy going to do on the test drive if the guy rides along ? shove him out the door ?

Go to your local DMV and check to make sure he didn't get another title made in his name. If he did, then call the police.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Never take payments !!!!!!! Or if do hold item till money in full. I learned like you did

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
I wouldn't have started to take payments. Now you're kinda kicking yourself in the teeth for letting him pay you like that

You have taken a huge liability risk by NOT giving the purchaser the title and thus not transferring ownership of the truck. If he were to do some dunderheaded action resulting in an accident, I'm pretty sure some lawyers would be wanting to contact you....

Last edited:
hes going to try to test drive it by himself. we have a plan if he rides along my buddy is going to call me and meet up with me where he will be confronted by a few "larger" ppl and the intimidation will be enough to hand over the keys.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
hes going to try to test drive it by himself. we have a plan if he rides along my buddy is going to call me and meet up with me where he will be confronted by a few "larger" ppl and the intimidation will be enough to hand over the keys.

How old are you? This is clearly not something a mature adult would do

Learn a life lesson, don't be an idiot and make sure you do your paperwork right. As for this case I think you are making a mistake in the way your handling it. Let's also not forget this site would comply with any lawfully issued subpoena so remember what you wrote before you do something really stupid.

You never know who your talking to on the Internet.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

Learn a life lesson, don't be an idiot and make sure you do your paperwork right. As for this case I think you are making a mistake in the way your handling it. Let's also not forget this site would comply with any lawfully issued subpoena so remember what you wrote before you do something really stupid.

This.

1. Not a good idea to discuss something illegal on a public forum.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Can't agree more with what has been said... Don't do it man. Bad idea on so many levels. You realise "intimidating him into giving you the keys" could be more illegal that what he did???

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid x 100

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like a great plan. Don't drop the soap if you end up in jail. How much was his payment?

Don't forget the POSSIBILITY that he may be trying to sell it to get you your final share of monies and get you off his back.... He gets $$ from the potential new buyer, brings you the outstanding balance, gets the title and either just gives it to him or transfers it to him.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts