Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

steering wheels

Hey, I haven't been on here for a while working a lot. I was just wondering what kind of steering wheels fit our trucks? does it have to be made for a 73-79 or do most wheels fit just about anything? It would be neat to have an old one from like a 59 Ford or something, would anything like that fit? If not I will probably go with this one, the classic wood http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fc/full.aspx?Page=94 thanks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I know for a fact that some from other Ford cars and trucks will swap in...but I can't for the life of me find the post where Bill posted that info.

The 77 and newer have a different size hole than the older ones

IOW, The smaller 77-79 wheel won't fit on a 76 and older truck steering column

ok, that one at LMC looks pretty nice, I guess I will go with that, my dad sorta broke my horn bar I had to take the cover off because it was flopping around and now it looks like crap, it's all cracked anyway so I thought it's time to replace it.

ok im playn stupid. why wont the newer wheel fit the old colum? i put a 78 wheel on my 76 colum should i be worried? it fits and is tight no slop.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts