Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Steering stabilizer ?

Does anybody make a kit to install a steering stabilizer on a twin I-beam truck. The kind that has what looks like a shock absorber . I have seen them for 4x4s and single I-beam axles , but they don't make it clear if it will work on the twin I-beam. I drive on some pretty rough mountain roads , full of ruts and big rocks and i thought that might make the drive a little more pleasant . Not the red one another one i have for rough use.Thanks JIM.__:)

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've never seen one for a twin I beam...probably because they move independently and one end of the stabilizer attaches to the axle housing...I'm guessing it would create problems with it pulling up or down on the center link.

I've never seen one for a twin I beam...probably because they move independently and one end of the stabilizer attaches to the axle housing...I'm guessing it would create problems with it pulling up or down on the center link.

There is no axle housing on a 2 wd twin I-beam. I said i have seen them on 4x4s so i assumed every body would know i was asking about a 2 wd twin I-beam. Maybe i could put one on each axle ? Thanks for trying.

I found the answer, did a search and found " Rough country suspension systems " has them for 65 - 79 , f-100 , 150 , 250 , 2 WD twin I-beam . Not a bad price but i'm still going to look around some more . So i guess that takes care of that .

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
There is no axle housing on a 2 wd twin I-beam. I said i have seen them on 4x4s so i assumed every body would know i was asking about a 2 wd twin I-beam. Maybe i could put one on each axle ? Thanks for trying.

I'm well aware of that...I guess I should have been more clear...I was getting at the fact that there are two moving pieces unlike a solid axle...either 2wd or 4wd.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
As I think about it now....I'm guessing that it mounts to a crossmember and the center link....kinda like my 4x4 does...'smiliedoh' :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know yet , i'v had five 2 wd dentsides and a 79 bronco , the only 4x4 , but i don't remember how it was mounted. I'm guessing the crossmember to steering link. I'm going to order the heavy duty one of the two , then we'l find out.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It (the Bronco) should have mounted to the front crossmember and then onto the center link.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts