Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

steering gear box

hello new to forum , i am needing to get a new steering gear box but dont know where to start looking any help would be greatly appreciate it

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have heard the same Doug and will be sending my own to them.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have no rebuttal for that one...and I will leave it and not edit it for all to mock me.

:D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
:D The intent is still the same. For about $100 more I should have invested in a redhead. After about 2 years of a new rebuilt unit, the slop is back.

I have bought 4 steer boxes from redhead all worked well ,and now all my trucks steer just as good as any thing on the road today! They did the r&r that ford should have done 40 years ago!! you wont go wrong!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ford/Saginaw P/S gearboxes have a built in flaw. There are no bushings on the sector shaft, it rides directly on the housing.

Before too long, fluid begins leaking from the sector shaft seal.

Auto parts store "rebuilt " gear boxes are nothing more than resealed gearboxes.

Red Head takes the housing, machines it to install the bushings that FoMoCo omitted...on purpose...so they could sell a gazillion seal kits.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts