Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stacks are installed

Storm

Well.. Lets just say this was one adventure I NEVER want to do again.. Talk about a pita to install.. I started at 6:30pm, was done at 1:30am.. They are the hardest damn things to install.. There are so many points you adjust, that once you adjust one part, 3 others screw it all up.. I went through hell getting my stacks the same height, and angle.. One is 1/8" off, I gave up.. They are tilted forward like a degree.. I notice it because I'm picky.. But damn I just gave up.. Cutting a 5" hole in the bed was a task in itself.. I couldn't find a damn thing in my tools to make the cut.. Finally I had to drill little 1/8" holes in a circle.. Than use a cutting tool to cut it.. Long ........ process..

In the end.. They are in.. I'm not sure if I like them.. It is MUCH louder than I expected.. I assume mainly because they are behind my cab.. Its got this funny drone when you let off the throttle.. Funny, the exhaust is pretty much same setup I had with the old.. 4" System to 6" Tip out the side.. Thinking alot of what I hear is because its behind me now..

However I think they will work tho.. Main reason behind them was the smoke and the noise.. Grant it I love throwing smoke at folks.. But at the same time I don't want to cause an accident nor scare someone into hitting a car because my exhaust is extremely loud at WOT.. Therefore I elected Stacks to get the sound going up instead of right next to someones window with my lift..

They do give one HELLUVA mean look tho :p

I'll have pics up tomorrow.. I got some installs but no full truck views because I was tired and my battery went dead in my camera.. I'm hitting the sack.. I'm sore as hell..

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wooo!! I'm excited to see it! I love stacks, just wish my gasser would make enough smoke to warrant them :(

Scratch that... Would be bad if my engine made smoke :p

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I'm still looking for a way to get them through the shell. :( I'd love a set!

Congrats Stormy! I can't wait to see some pics!!

Wooo!! I'm excited to see it! I love stacks, just wish my gasser would make enough smoke to warrant them :(

Scratch that... Would be bad if my engine got more smoke than me :p
The Governator would come and "puhhmp you uhhp"~

Storm, I'm shocked. As many toys as you have and you DON'T have either a Plasma Cutter OR an Air Nibbler? And where was the laser level in all this sloppy behavior?
Next time, call me. I'll bring the stuff to do the job right, and things will go better.

At least I still HAVE the house, and didn't screw it up myself TWICE.

The Governator would come and "puhhmp you uhhp"~

Storm, I'm shocked. As many toys as you have and you DON'T have either a Plasma Cutter OR an Air Nibbler?

.........or a hole saw...

True, lol... I don't have one that large, but I know they're available too...but maybe not after 6:30 in Texas. The Hardware stores all close because all the nuts and screws are out on the streets.

RyansWork.jpg

Storm

I had a 5" Hole Saw.. damn bed ate it up.. Just couldn't get it to cut through..

Honestly.. I should have just busted out the damn Welder and used a rod to cut the hole..

stacks_001.jpg

stacks_002.jpg

stacks_003.jpg

stacks_004.jpg

stacks_001.jpg

stacks_005.jpg

stacks_006.jpg

stacks_007.jpg

stacks_008.jpg

stacks_009.jpg

stacks_010.jpg

stacks_011.jpg

stacks_012.jpg

stacks_013.jpg

stacks_014.jpg

stacks_016.jpg

stacks_017.jpg

stacks_018.jpg

stacks_019.jpg

stacks_020.jpg

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Awesome Storm!!

So, whose little ricer and cheap ass Murray lawn mower? You hidin stuff from us?smilietease

Storm

Buddies.. he races SPEC Miata's.. There was 5 miata's in the shop...

Storm

Thanks.. I gotta build the covers now out of diamond plate.. Going to use a piece to mount flush with top of the Bed Rails to cover the gap from back of the bed to the toolbox.. Than a piece to cover the bottom of the toolbox to the bed..

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks.. I gotta build the covers now out of diamond plate.. Going to use a piece to mount flush with top of the Bed Rails to cover the gap from back of the bed to the toolbox.. Than a piece to cover the bottom of the toolbox to the bed..
That will be hot!

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
You know what would look even better, if they were coming out the roof. Now that would be different. smiliegitrdone

I was thinking out the windshield...........get that sort of "Bull Horn/Rocket Launcher" effect :D

Actually, they look quite sharp

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts