Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Squeaky Door Panels

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
99% of time just new "trees" will fix it . I replace every time I have off Hate squeaks . That and using some 14-16 gauge solid wire (bent in a c and put in stripped screw holes) . Really works

The insulation thing only works short term as it wears.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Haha, I'm thinking your best bet is probably going to be taking it off and having a look. ;)
Sure looks like it... Someones gotta have a pic or something SOMEWHERE. Cmon!!

Larry by 'christmas tree clips' I was referring to the barbed jobbies. I think you realized that after posting. Deleted your post for you :D WOOOOO first time I used my moderator skillzzzz

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
you can get them at the ford dealership. and any auto parts stores too. im sure if you go and ask they can tell you which ones you would need.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
If you cant find them I'll send you a box . I keep them on shelf

Wah hoo !! first to be deleted.Wait:drop: that does not sound as good as thought.

Last edited:
i dont think brian could hear his radio..or the door panels rattle.

it has door panels...well sorta. access panels right brian?....

With my cochlear implant on...I can hear annoying noise in a vehicle. The radio or rattling would drive me nuts. I would have no idea what the noise was...just that it was annoying.

I have metal doors. At bottom (below the seat edge) is an access metal access panel to get to the window cranks.

100_0242.jpg

i didnt know they made different sizes. I mean im sure they do...its not like there going to have a specific size.......

They make tons of sizes and shapes of them. To get the proper ford ones...you either need to go to a stealership or do like I do. Get a box of them from a local auto body supply.

In fact...and I can't believe I am admitting this here...the last box I had were for a cheby. They were very close in size and the supply house was out of the ford ones.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Lol! Any chance you could find a picture on the internet of the same exact kind you've got? Or even a part number? That would be fantastic.

The box I have has no numbers. They can be found in help (help auto part) section of auto parts. I checked every site I could think of. I know advance and Napa have them on shelf. I'll get some numbers for you . They r basicly a one fits all thing . Has the barbed prong with a small ball (closest thing i can call it) on top that slips in panel . But I'll get you them monday .

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Lol! Any chance you could find a picture on the internet of the same exact kind you've got? Or even a part number? That would be fantastic.

The box I have has no numbers. They can be found in help (help auto part) section of auto parts. I checked every site I could think of. I know advance and Napa have them on shelf. I'll get some numbers for you . They r basicly a one fits all thing . Has the barbed prong with a small ball (closest thing i can call it) on top that slips in panel . But I'll get you them monday .

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Replaced all the christmas tree clips in the door panels... Neither Kragen nor NAPA had a direct match so I had to buy some that were close, and clipped the heads to size. They still didn't stay in by themselves so I had to REALLY carefully put the panel back on. It was incredibly annoying but I got them all back in.

Haven't had a need to drive it yet so I'm not sure how much better the squeaks/rattles are. I'll keep ya'll posted ;)

Just don't epoxy them on.

I had a non-mechanically inclined friend CHAULK his door panels on his car to eliminate squeeks. While it worked very well for years, it made my changing his power window motor a disgusting and aggrevating experience. Almost the point where I fantasized about changing the motor through a large hole on the OUTSIDE of the door I'd cut with a sawzall.

Just sharing an amusing story.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Just don't epoxy them on.

I had a non-mechanically inclined friend CHAULK his door panels on his car to eliminate squeeks. While it worked very well for years, it made my changing his power window motor a disgusting and aggrevating experience. Almost the point where I fantasized about changing the motor through a large hole on the OUTSIDE of the door I'd cut with a sawzall.

Just sharing an amusing story.
Lol, thanks for the advice Fred. I'll keep that in mind :D

Ford Truck Articles