Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

speedometer?

What you need to do is figure out what your effective ratio is with new tires. There's a formula but I don't know it off the top of my head. Then there is also a formula by taking whatever your effective ratio is and throwing in your new and old tire size and then it gives you how many teeth you need. Taylor, if you really need this, shoot me a PM and I'll do some digging tomorrow.

Is this it?
4L60i12.gif

Fellro

Staff member
hopefully there the same gears as the old cables were. ive got a few coffee cans full ive saved over the years

I would have to say they would be, as they weren't too likely to change it all for just a plastic gear...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is this it?
4L60i12.gif

Yeah...it's something like that...but the one I use out of the JBG catalog is a little more simple than that...but I can't seem to find a JBG catalog right now. But what you posted should work.

On my 1994 the VSS is on the side of my E4OD transmission and it feeds the PSOM with the Conversion Constant set at 1.0 from the Factory.
I do Not know the colors (number of teeth) of the gear on the VSS Sensor that goes in the back of the E4OD but the rear end is a stock 5.13:1 ratio with LT235/85R16E Michelin LTX M/S tires.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts