Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Speaking of Blower Motor Issues..

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Hey guys,

It's been REAL hot out here. Tomorrow is supposed to be 106 degrees at my office down the mountain in Riverside!!!! The last couple of weeks I have been driving Burt up and down the mountain for fun and using the oh so cool AC, while on vacation to do some projects. During this week though, when I first turn it on (at any speed) the blower motor squeals a bit off and on for a minute or so and then stops. Are there bearings in these motors? It doesn't happen every time, but if I don't use it for a couple days it does. Is this a sealed bearing motor that I should expect to die at any time at this point because of this? Wadda ya think?

Thanks!
Dak

I can't say on how they were building them by 77, but my buddy has a 64 Ranchero, and it sounds terrible every morning when you cut it on, but after about 30 seconds ya can't even hear it. Its been like that for years...

Maybe see if you could soak the shaft with some pb blaster and get a little lube in there? Might be more trouble than its worth...

They have bushings instead of bearings. Sort of like a pilot bushing (but smaller)If you can get to it drill a little hole in the bump at the end of the motor housing where the bushing and the end of the motor shaft is. Then oil it when needed. 1 or 2 drops
2.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Great suggestion Mark

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Your welcome. Hope it works for you.
And, if your going to be splashing around in a river or something yoy might put something over the hole. like chewing gum

Well, Burt is sorta like a "sissy truck" .... I like to keep him clean, keep him in the garage and only drive him in fair weather, so not much of a chance of needing the chewing gum.. but that's a fun idea!.

My 4X4 is a.......dare I say it??!!! A GM product. :redface: The GMC Jimmy is for dirty, wet, nasty driving and off road use...

Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts