Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Something strange happened

My truck has been sitting for about five days and we did have rain but this has never happened before.
I get in the truck and i drove about 34 miles. I noticed on the highway that the overdrive light was blinking . I had not to the best of my knowledge touched the overdrive light, but pressing the button in the center of the nub did nothing to turn the light off. I couldnt even tell if i was in overdrive or not
I got to my destination and the truck sat for like two or three hours and i got back in it and followed the same route back and no overdrive light. When i pulled off the highway near my house while at a complete stop I pushed the button and the "OFF" lit steady. Being there was no reason for my overdrive to be off i pushed the button again and the light went off. I drove the additional two or three miles to the house and parked it with no incident

I will admit that i had been trying to drive and change CDS so i dont know if i may have hit the overdrive switch while driving at highway speed or not
Can someone tell me what i should look for or if this is a problem or if i just hit the button by accident?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Sounds like you wiring is starting to get chewed up. They rund these down the steering column and through some nasty spots. I had to relocate mine so I could use it again. Mine did that then shortly thereafter I couldn't use my OD anymore. The wires when I pulled them out were chewed all to hell. After talking to Vince(blacksnapon) if I remember right this happens frequently with our trucks.

Only way to tell is to pull the cover off the column and drop the steering wheel( not too bad to do actually).

Hope this helps

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
not that I found. I had to take the plug where it plugs into the steering column and put in some new wires ran them to a switch on the dash to the right of the column. now it does the same thing just at the dash instead of at the shifter.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts