Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

snapped my radius arm

grnlzrd

Professional Lurker
Ohio
Anybody got any laying around? I'm having an awful time finding any. Will any other generation arms work, or just 73-79?
3913804302_c3bfff24ce.jpg

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Wow that sucks..
I remember some people here were parting out some Gen 6's I think, if you cant find one at a junk yard then your just gonna have to order one..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow that sucks..
I remember some people here were parting out some Gen 6's I think, if you cant find one at a junk yard then your just gonna have to order one..

I think he's wondering where he could order one...you got any clues Tex? I just looked for one on 5-6 sites and couldn't come up with any before 1980...and I dunno if those would work.

grnlzrd

Professional Lurker
Ohio
80+ is all I'm finding locally. I thought about trying to find some yards somewhere out west. Less rusty parts I figure. This summer was intended for shakedown purposes, since the truck was off the road for five years. Guess I found the weak link.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good find Tex...I always forget about Mike's

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I do believe Radius arms for these trucks are not being made by any body and I dont think they can interchange with trucks from the 80s or 60s..???

grnlzrd

Professional Lurker
Ohio
Good work Tex! I didn't even think about Mike's, even though I've ordered from him before. Oughta go ahead and get both of his and just replace both sides. Thanks guys!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Check with these guys. They specialize in older stuff-

Lost 40 Salvage Inc
27750 Green Hills Ln
Carl Junction, MO 64834
(417) 649-7211

Redneck Run, Redneck Proud.

Redneck attendance, too- Call ahead.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Road Salt Sucks. Up here, my vehicles seem to stay "white" all winter long, so the truck isn't even going to see winter, just the warmth of my garage.

But, that sucks about the radius arm snapping. Hopefully you'll find one and get it back running.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Road Salt Sucks. Up here, my vehicles seem to stay "white" all winter long, so the truck isn't even going to see winter, just the warmth of my garage.

Same here, although I may let her out to play a few times if the snow gets deep enough.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Here its the liquid stuff they use on the roads to melt the ice. It does a good job but it eats chrome first and itll start to pit after one winter wax or not.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Anybody got any laying around? I'm having an awful time finding any. Will any other generation arms work, or just 73-79?
1973/79 F100/350: There are EIGHT different Radius Rods!

The one that applies here: D5TZ3A360A / Obsolete

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Fits: 1974 E100/200.

Fits: 1974 F100/250 2WD without front stabilizer bar.

Fits: 1975/79 F100/250 2WD.

Fits: 1975/79 F250 2WD Regular & Crew Cab.

Fits: 1975/79 F250 2WD Super Cab with GVW's of 6300, 6500, 6900 & 7500 lbs.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts