Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Site Changes *PLEASE READ*

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Over the next several weeks we will be making some changes to the site to try and fix some issues members are having.

Add-on features will be turned off. Some of these may return others may not.

We also may upgrade the software during this time.

There will be times the site is unavailable. Please be patient and we apologize in advance for the inconvenience.

Feel free to still report any issues or improvements in the thread Aaron started here: http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16349

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are you eliminating the obnoxious Google ads?

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
we try to keep the google ads out of the forums as much as we can but we do have to pay to keep this thing running. compared to some sites we have a minimal amount of ads.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I have been on another forum that has a hide all ads button!!!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Guys cmon... It's ads like those that help keep the site running. Are they really THAT bad?

Yes they are....I would gladly pay to not have to see them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wait...did you say the site would have spurts of unavailability...WTH am I supposed to do. And for the record, I never really notice any ads, and since I don't pay a dime...pay the bills however you feel.

Head to Facebook :)

Cool...we are getting rid of the sissies...Ben, Tex, Ry, Pig.....I know, I know, I know....banned!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
or you can modify your HOSTS file. Doesn't allow whatever site/ip you put in there. I can share my hosts file if you want (LOTS of blocked addresses)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Hey guys, let's not turn this into a "Let's help members circumvent the ads and make FTF owners pay more out of their pocket at the end of the month" thread. Scott's letting you know we're looking at our options in regards to upgrading to a newer addition of vbulletin.

Ryan

I don't mind the adds,as long as there not animated. Seems to take up alot of memory and slows my computor down.
I can actually tell theres a moving add in a particular thread just by noticing it moves slower when I roll the mouse wheel.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
All that you guys do to help this site is much appreciated!!..thank you!

I don't mind the ads at all, It allows the Admins to have money to make improvements such as increasing server size which speeds up the site more than the adds slow it down.YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts