Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

SHOW-ME your Tractors!!!

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
first tractor we had was an M, first time i ever saw transmission gears was in that M, first time i got splattered with oil was when we had some ENORMOUS bolts holding the two halves of the thing together hanging a foot apart and i don't remember what dad was doing but i ended up covered in oil. it has a hole in the radiator so big that you have to fill it abt every 20 mins or so. there's a old tin can over the exhaust pipe and it has a ford alternator on it. i'll get some pics next time i'm down there. it's prolly the ugliest one on here. that seems to be a recurring theme with my family's vehicles. :( the fave thing i ever did on that tractor was pull my dad's 75 chevy 3/4 ton out of the ditch, he actually let me drive the tractor to do it... i think i was like 12. mom wldn't let us ride when dad was pulling the sand fighter... she saw what it did to his fave hat when it flew off his head and said nope, no more. *buzzkill* lol

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
i see those on craigslist all the time. i really want to buy one to mess with, but i'm a terrible mechanic so i'm sure it wouldn't turn out well.

seems like it'd be a cool learning experience though. i've seen them around here for like $900. if i had the time to mess with it, i'd love to fix it up, and restore it.

anyway, cool tractor

Man, bring those up to this neck of the woods and double your money. A Ford 8N in decent shape, and not including something as basic as a backblade, easily fetches $2200; add about $500 - $700 if it's got a backhoe on it.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Man, bring those up to this neck of the woods and double your money. A Ford 8N in decent shape, and not including something as basic as a backblade, easily fetches $2200; add about $500 - $700 if it's got a backhoe on it.

*Oops, replace the word backhoe with bucket.

racsan

4xford
we are sadly getting out of farming operations. its just too much with overhead costs anymore, dad is getting up there in age and as much as id like to contine on, its just not a do-able thing. the no-till drill was our newest peice of equipment and the first thing that sold. ive got lots of pictures to show off. the only stuff i see kepping is the '46 ford 2N (bought new the year dad was born, i believe both were "delivered" in the same month!) and the small '66 1020 deere tractor with loader. one tractor i dont have a pic for i would have liked to have kept. it was a '64 ford 4000 gas, wide front with 5 speed. ive never seen another like it. seen a few row-crop select-o-speeds, but never another 5 speed wide front. grandpa bought it new, and dad traded it for the 1020. id have put the 4000 in ag shows, no need to restore when youve got a rare model! on to the pics! '46 ford 2N with sherman overdrive
davesfile008.jpg
'49 JD "A"
davesfile007.jpg
'50/'51 8N with sherman overdrive,loader and a backhoe (with a broken boom)
davesfile003.jpg
'66 JD 1020 with loader
davesfile013.jpg
'67 oliver 1650 na diesel (recently sold)
davesfile004-1.jpg
'76 oliver 1855 turbo diesel
davesfile005-1.jpg

Last edited:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
'50/'51 8N with sherman overdrive,loader and a backhoe (with a broken boom)
davesfile003.jpg

Hey- any chance you could get a few more pics of the backhoe on that tractor? Does it happen to be a Wain-Roy?

racsan

4xford
i dont have any more photos of that, im not sure who the mfg is. i'll have to take some more and look for a mfg plate the next time im out that direction. the loader is strickly ballast for the backhoe. it works, but has a trip bucket and isnt much wider than the front of the tractor, the front wheels stick out further. and the front wheels are not original, grandpa swapped them out for some automotive parts, the backside clearly shows remains of a torched-off drum. the original were real narrow single-rib. still have them, there in pretty good shape even. this was grandpa's personal 8N. he went to alot of auctions back in the day, rebuilt and resold them. the '64 ford 4000 was the first and only tractor he bought new.

I still can't figure out how to post pics, but my family collects 2 cylinder John deeres. There are way too many to list, but to name a few:
-1955 model 80, cab, duels
-1947 model bn all fuel
-3 or 4 1936 model A's
-1959 model 830
-1951 model R
-1938 model G
-1925 model GP
-We had two waterloo boys, a 1915 model R and a 1923 model N, loaned to us for a while
-Many barns full across a couple states

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts