Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

shift indicator cable 1991 ford truck

I broke the shift indicator cable on my 1991 ford F Superduty. Does anybody know where I can buy a replacement and how much work is involved to change out the broken one for a new one?

Thanks

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
On the 92's there are 2 torx bolts that fall out of the back of the shift rod that go down the column. On the 91, are you talking about the needle in the cluster? I think the linkage is all manual on the 91. My 88 bronk was.

i think that lmc sells them, comes with the indicator in the dash. i heard about people repairing with fish line (don't think its a good fix but could work)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have 92 and newer here for sure but the older not a sure.

White cable

I have not studied this, but there is a very small cable in a white jacket that seems to run from the selector to the indicator. It seems to be a little square rather than a needle, but I am not sure that makes a lot of difference

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Oh yes, you can go to a junk yard and pull a cluster and take the parts you need.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Great post I sold 2 cables LOL

there that way all the way to the end of 98 when the body change over to the new ones.

Cable goes from the shither to the dash. Make sure the return spring didnt brake. or the cable didnt fall off the shifter,

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts