Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Seems pretty cool here

Just joined up to get in on the fun. Bought and 88 F250 4x4 from a friend and I'm lovin it so far.

Cleaned it all up and put the new cd player and aftermarket speakers in it. Workin on the engine little by little. It seems to have been a little neglected. Some loose valve covers and hoses. Exhaust gasket on pass. side was all but gone. So I spent a weekend puting flowtech headers and dual exhaust on it. Sounds so much better now and runs much better. Also has the MSD cap, coil and rotor, plus accel wires. All the hard emmissions tubes are brittle and need replacing so I'm workin on that.

So far so good. Next will be the intake and TB spacer. Plus some steps for the wife, she's 5'2" and the truck is on 35s with eagle alloys. I'll get a pic up soon.

One question, can anyone tell me what front axle it has? I know it's supposed to be stamped but I can't find it. What's the most common or can I tell by bolt pattern or something? Need to do the ball joints any advice?

Other than that, just hangin out in FLA with my truckYelloThumbUp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Welcome to the site! I think you'll like it here. Let us know if you have any questions and make yourself at home.

Ryan

ameritaz3038

New York Chapter Leader
welcome to the site, post up often

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Welcome aboard, Tony should be along to pester you in a little bit!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Welcome . You say TB spacer ? It fuel injection? Save your funds thr spacers dont help much.

Pos up some pics of the beast .

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have to agree with lost, I have a TB spacer on my truck. I bought it strickly for the whistle! If it helps I wouldn'tbe able to tell ya. LOL but hey, it sounds cool!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well sure...and let me just say, LAMBO doors are not for people with single digit temperatures! (rant coming when I get the wifes transmission in her truck out!)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
That's not a solid axle-- F250s didnt get solid axles til the super duty's came.

Yours will either be a heavy duty D44 or a D50. I'm fairly certain it's a D50 but the easy way to tell is by looking at your hubs and lockouts. Tell me if the hub housing is FLUSH with the sides of the lockout, or if the lockout diameter is SLIGHTLY smaller than your hub. Make sense?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I didnt think so either skan, but woudnt hurt to ask.

As for deciphering if it s a hd44 or a 50, there will be a 50 stamped on the bottom of the diff.
If its not there then its likely to be a hd44, as i have the dana 50 and the 50 is stamped on the bottom, its not stamped more like raised numbers.

Hub housing is flush. I thought it was a 50 but couldn't find a stamp. Didn't look at the bottom though. I'll take a look.

Yeah it's EFI. I want the spacer for the sound as well. Plus I heard it will give a more even fuel/air mix.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll get pics up soon. Gotta fix some slight body damage first.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea it should be i agree...
The "stamping" is easy to see.
Crawl under the truck behind the front tires...
at towards the bottom of the diff, and you should see it...
Not on the plate, covering the front and bottom, but on the back towards the bottom.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
This site is addictive, they just let me out of the rubber room.Watch out for the Pig and Run as fast as you can to get away.

Welcome to your new nut house you will find we are all crazy and everyone is great here but nosy as hell.:rofl: 'drama' :beer:

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
This site is addictive, they just let me out of the rubber room.Watch out for the Pig and Run as fast as you can to get away.

Welcome to your new nut house you will find we are all crazy and everyone is great here but nosy as hell.:rofl: 'drama' :beer:

Think ya forgot to mention watch out for the not so great klatt lol.
So ummmmmm why ya want green ones now!????!????!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts