Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Sd front leaf swap to a 97 f350??

Hi guys new here!
I am wanting to do a Superduty leafspring swap on my 97 350! But what I have found surfing the net is guys are only doing them on the shackle reverse kits cause they are longer springs and requires moving the front hanger which is easy to do during that time! Any Ideas?? I would like to do the shackle flip but most kits give you bout 3" and I would like to stay in the 1-2" range!

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
off road unlimited's kit is 2.5-3'' and that is the shortest one i've seen. how much lift do you plan to get from the s/d springs? i've only seen coilsprung ttb trucks with solid axle swaps use s/d springs, and it looks like they end up with about a 6'' lift from it.

if you are trying to do this to get a smoother more comfortable ride i might suggest just sticking with the springs you have, ditching the add a leafs up front and getting the 3'' reversal.

could you give me some more details as to what you already have done to your truck and what you are trying to accomplish?

and welcome to ftf :wavey:

I am only wanting to go up 1.5-2.5" but wanted to try it first with the SD springs to see how much that would give me! But I am starting to lean toward ORU reversal kit since they say 2.5 and keeping my stock springs! But I did read somewhere that Sky may be coming out with a shorter kit also! Just dont want to go through the brake line and pitman arm changes! All the extras start to add up price wise. Who knows maybe I will just drop tire sizes from 315 to 305 and go with the stock suspension!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts