Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Scroungers Project 68

I put it back together and the truck sounded great! Better than before. I run around in it for a little while and it started loading up again. Not sure what I'm going to do now. I don't want to spend any money on a rebuilding kit right now.

When I have a few minutes to play I try to do something to the truck.

These big mirrors had to go. They look like a big set of ears.

The door panels were a pain. I guess they have never been off in the last 44 years. I thought I was going to bend them up trying to get loose. They had some type of double sided tape besides all the screws.

I grabbed some wipers. I also had to replace both headlights. I lost a dim early so I just run the brights. I lost both bright, one at a time within days and so I just had one dim light. I thought Bill said he replaced them but the backs where covered in 44 years of dust. I spent the extra cash and bought the extra bright lights. I like to see at night!

It's funny how some nice headlights and new wipers will let you see.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Always thought the old Ford sealed beams were better than the new stuff...

You're giving me a hankerin to get to work on my '70

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Unfortunately, my lack of ambition stems from the loss of a loved one, he passed and I took the truck apart shortly after. That was ten years ago.

Sorry to hear that. It can be rough, I know. When the time is right you will be at it again.

I have a 49 Chevy that I had for sale. A friend wanted it bad. Before he could get it he ended up in a car wreck and broke his neck. While they were working on him at the hospital he had a heart attack on the table. He was in bad shape and didn't pull through. We put him to rest less than a month ago. I took the 49 off the market. I'm keeping it and fixing it up. It will be a tribute car to him.

Not much work on Cledus but a little tinkering now and then. I did manage to scrape off the WEBN Sticker.

I replaced it with a smaller and more desirable decal. :D

I also took the Comet to it. This is something I do a lot on these old cars/trucks. It cleans up the common dirt plus it cuts away at any scum, light rust and haze from oxidation the body may have. It helps later in the process of bodywork too. You can sand anything but sometimes that sludge is just being pushed around on the body unless you get crazy and sand to bare metal.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Maybe I'll get my frame done this year :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well i've been trying to give him inspiration... for what 2 years to get it together?? hell he aint even got the engine together!!!

lazy old geezer...

**and i know brad's gonna read this thinking "thank god im not the only person he calls an old Geezer!!"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Engine won't go together until rolling chassis ready :D

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i understand that.. but my point is you dont have ANYTHING together..

and i dont blame ya on not assembling the engine till the chassis is ready.. dont wanna get that "engine stand distortion"<< i understand the concept.. but dont know if i fully believe it..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hehehe...the frame is mostly together...and I'm not worried about the engine stand thing....I just don't want fresh cylinder walls etc. sitting...esp. given my slacking :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...I know...I gots to get back at it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts