Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Scored on new tires!

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Hey guys,

Got my baby a new set of shoes, and I just wanted to share the good find I got today. I've been tire shopping, and considered BFG's big time, but didn't really want to fork out the cash for them. I almost went with a set of Coopers until going down the road this morning (on my way to pick up a set of trailer tires with my dad) and saw these in someone's front yard.

They are BFG A/T 285/75/16 that a guy had under a lifted Dakota until he found that his lift took his ball joints out. When he took the lift off, the tires didn't fit under his wittle twuck any more. smilietease Only had a couple/few K on them, and I got all four for $475! I talked him down a mere $25 from his original asking price of $500.

Took them to my buddy's shop and put them on today. They ride great, and I'm real happy. I can't believe I found the tires I wanted in the size I wanted this way--and for this price. Someone must be smiling on me today!
By the way--Dad scored those two almost new utility trailer tires on rims for $40 bucks too. We had a good day!

Here's some fresh pics--hope I loaded them right--I'm old at heart and not super savvy with computers! If not, they are the two most recent pics in my gallery--one full view of the truck with the new tires, and one close up of the tread.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Looks good on 'er!

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow! That's an awesome score. Wish I could find deals like that :( I desperately want a set of 33" BFG a/t's or m/t's.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet score Steve...looks reeeeeeeeal good.

i run 265-16 bridge stone 10 ply on mine sort of gives my trucks a low profile look compared to the stock 950-16.5 that was on there i got 5 brand new tires for my supercab for next to no cost or free as this brand/size was stock on our chev 3/4 ton company trucks and i just changed out the spares with what ever was on the truck at the time mostly bfg grips

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Hahaha I just bought a set of 9.50 16.5s for my 72. Theyre so tiny but theyre just to pass inspection and run on the highway. Once they wear out im gonaa get me some pizza cutters with the meanest tread i can find.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Thanks for the replies guys.

I drove around with the new tires on quite a bit yesterday--hauled some stuff to the compost dump after a little spring clean up in the yard, etc..

The truck rides real nice on these tires--actually a big improvement over the old Uniroyals.

I'm actually surprised I found this deal--stuff like that doesn't usually happen to me!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts