Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Saying good-bye

It's been 3 years and a great relationship, but it's time to say good-bye. The time has come to sell the 78. I don't have the money or time to fix her the way she needs. I wasn't really planning on selling my truck, but it was always a possibility. I had a boat motor for sale and one of the guys to come look at it couldn't get past my truck. He is in the hunt for parts for his 79 short bed. My truck being a super cab long bed couldn't be of any use, but he wants to add it to his collection I guess. I had a mishap this spring which led my engine to burst into flames. The only way to extinguish the flame was with sand from my drive way. Without an intake on the engine at the time, the sand filled my intake ports and pretty much ruined my engine. I have been puttering around working on it, but nothing to serious. So when he asked if I would sell I told him $2000, we settled on $1700. I couldn't pass up the money for a non running two wheel drive with orange peel. She will be missed by all in my family. I am happy to have spent three years with her, and will never forget her feel, smell, and sound.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Sorry to hear that, but it sounds like it will be going to an individual that will use the truck in some beneficial way.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Man ida gave ya 1900 for it, ripped the 400 outta my dually and used it for camper pullin

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yeah, I'm with Doug.....it's going to get good use from one dent lover to another....sorry to hear.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts