Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

SAS Lift 40s

1993 F250 460 bored .30, RV cam, advance timing. C6 trani.

So I'm lookin to do a Dana 60 swap, gears, lift, And put it on 40s. I need to price it out so I can save up etc etc. the question is what exactly do I need to get my hands on, and what's the best way to go about it.
I want to get a used Dana 60 from a 95-97 f350 and rebuild it-what do I need to replace exactly? (because as I understand it almost just bolts up)

What's the best way to lift it, still get some decent flex, but not break the bank. I was thinking overload springs atleast and probably a 3" body lift. I need I believe 8" of suspension lift in total...

And what gears are good for power and DD.

Thanks for any help. Sorry it's so long.

93 F250 3k in rebuilt 460
03 Xterra on 32s-stock for now
2005 Mustang-stock for now

If it helps this is what im aiming for. Says Dana 60 8" suspension 3" body on 39.5s

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359283799.129698.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359283825.097257.jpg

primetime

sawmill slave
Reverse shackle with Super Duty leafs to start. You are going to gain some lift just from the shackle reversal with stock F-350 springs. Don`t use F-250 springs with a 60. It`ll ride like a pogo stick. Cruise on over to www.powerstrokenation.com. Hit up the 94-97 forums. There is a lot of guys doing this with a kit that allows you to keep the stock bumper if that appeals to you.

Do some checking around and you should be able to come up with a combination of Super Duty lift springs and RSK to get you where you want to be. I like your Pirate sig.

Reverse shackle with Super Duty leafs to start. You are going to gain some lift just from the shackle reversal with stock F-350 springs. Don`t use F-250 springs with a 60. It`ll ride like a pogo stick. Cruise on over to www.powerstrokenation.com. Hit up the 94-97 forums. There is a lot of guys doing this with a kit that allows you to keep the stock bumper if that appeals to you.

Do some checking around and you should be able to come up with a combination of Super Duty lift springs and RSK to get you where you want to be. I like your Pirate sig.

That's probably the most helpful response Ive gotten out of 4 forums. Lol. Thanks man I appreciate it. Il look at power stroke nation too.
I'm thinkin f350 super duty springs with shackle reversal and some add a leaf Til I hit 8". Should fit 40s perfect. Still might add a couple inch BL tho. Just cuz for some reason I like how it sits on this body style with 40s.

primetime

sawmill slave
Yeah, I saw your thread on pirate, but I just lurk there. As for the body lift, that`s your call. I personally think they are a pain in the a**, especially if you already plan on doing a major suspension rehab. I do get the appeal though.

I think you can get a PMF rsk up to a 4". I THINK that is with stock Super Duty leafs. But I`m not sure. That`s why I want you to check it out. If you got a rsk and 6" lift Super Duty spring, that would net you 10". I don`t know what you have planned for it, but if you can`t get forties on a obs with 10" of lift, there is a problem (they will fit 35s stock).

Yeah, I saw your thread on pirate, but I just lurk there. As for the body lift, that`s your call. I personally think they are a pain in the a**, especially if you already plan on doing a major suspension rehab. I do get the appeal though.

I think you can get a PMF rsk up to a 4". I THINK that is with stock Super Duty leafs. But I`m not sure. That`s why I want you to check it out. If you got a rsk and 6" lift Super Duty spring, that would net you 10". I don`t know what you have planned for it, but if you can`t get forties on a obs with 10" of lift, there is a problem (they will fit 35s stock).

Ya, I planned on doing the suspension work myself but if I get this new job il be on the road a lot so il probably end up havin a shop do it for me so it's waitin for me when I get home. Wel see. If I have a shop do it il probably get the BL.
10" is alittle higher than I want. I might do 6" springs and 2" shackle with 2 or 3" body lift.
Quick question though. What are the main differences with the suspension in the front from the rear?

primetime

sawmill slave
Ok, lets see if I can get through this and get what is in my head to come out properly. There is a lot of stuff going on here.

First of all, you are going to gain lift with an rsk, even if you keep your stock springs. I THINK Off Road Unlimited figured 4" when they started offering them.

Now, in your first post you were thinking overloads and a 3" body lift. Ok. All the TTB add-a-leafs I`ve seen get you about 1.5"-2" of lift. Factor in a 3" body lift, you are looking at 4.5"-5" of lift, roughly.

Alright, so 6" lift Super Duty springs may have been a little above and beyond on my part, but I was just throwing out an example. I was thinking about a total number of inches. All suspension, no body lift.

Front to rear. the truck should have had a 2" rake front to rear. There are too many variables, maintain the rake, level, flip the shackles, change the springs. Research man.

Ok, lets see if I can get through this and get what is in my head to come out properly. There is a lot of stuff going on here.

First of all, you are going to gain lift with an rsk, even if you keep your stock springs. I THINK Off Road Unlimited figured 4" when they started offering them.

Now, in your first post you were thinking overloads and a 3" body lift. Ok. All the TTB add-a-leafs I`ve seen get you about 1.5"-2" of lift. Factor in a 3" body lift, you are looking at 4.5"-5" of lift, roughly.

Alright, so 6" lift Super Duty springs may have been a little above and beyond on my part, but I was just throwing out an example. I was thinking about a total number of inches. All suspension, no body lift.

Front to rear. the truck should have had a 2" rake front to rear. There are too many variables, maintain the rake, level, flip the shackles, change the springs. Research man.

Thanks for the help.
After everything I've read I think I'm gonna go with a king pin D60
HD f350 lift springs with a shackle reversal and a 3" BL.
Il have 11" overall. 8" suspension 3" body. That will fit 39.5 or 40s nicely. and 5.13 gear

Well this is my truck now. Hopefully I'l have the money together in the next couple months. I'l post pics when I get it done.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359512808.435151.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359512823.722022.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts