Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Saginaw Pumps

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Well a few guys on here have done the saginaw swaps on their trucks and been really happy. I have a 95 302 and have access to a 351W saginaw pump with accessories bracket attached for next to nothing. I was wondering if the 351 bracket would be compatible or if I would absolutely have to find a saginaw setup off of a 302.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
302 and 351 r different . I put the napa saginaw kit on my last truck when i could not find one.

Good luck on search tho .

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I don't believe they're any different Larry. The pump is always compatible since a pump is a pump-- as long as the bolts match up. The only problem area is the bracket bolt holes. I don't think they different from engine to engine but they definitely differ from year to year. Read my saginaw write up for more details:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13842

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Well I mean the bracket is off a 94 windsor that came out of a conversion van......I'll definitely read through that write up though Chris. Thanks Chris n Larry.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Basically what I ment thanks for saying tho Chris sorry .

I have went back to older years e van with same motor . Its the hose I had problems with . If find a 90 ish newer van with 302 you should be OK . But Skan researched more when he did his.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah the high pressure hose can also be a problem. You have to get the high pressure hose from the donor vehicle.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Hey searched several large wrecker on inter net list 302 351 the same . Not a clue .
As to they saying bracket or just selling pumps

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I found 4 97 88 e vans with 5.0 I may get one off them

Ford Truck Articles