Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

running light fuse

I have a 2007 E350 box truck. The box marker lights stopped working. I also lost the tailights. This maybe a coincidence. I may have two seperate problems. I need to know what fuses are for the tailights, and marker lights. can anyone help me with this?

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have a 2007 E350 box truck. The box marker lights stopped working. I also lost the tailights. This maybe a coincidence. I may have two seperate problems. I need to know what fuses are for the tailights, and marker lights. can anyone help me with this?
Fuse 10 is for the taillights.

The number 10 fuse is good. Maybe I'm using the wrong name. The lights that don't work are the marker lights on the top of the cargo box, and the rear lights that double as brake lights. When I step on the brake peddle the brake bulbs work. When I pull the light switch out, the head lamps come on, but the rear lights don't.

My be the switch itself. As for the 3rd brake light. if the other 2 brake lights work they should work as well. Check the bulbs first. Or the trun single switch.

Its the turn singles switchs job to tell each single and stop light what to do.

As for the marker lights up top.
You say its a E350 cab chassis.?? you said BOX truck as it does not have the ford van body on the rear??

Then I would look at the wiring. body places are know for doing spotty wiring work. and using crimps ever were.

I think it being a cab chassis truck. I would start with looking with the bulbs and wiring first.

There isn't a third brake light. When you look at the back of the truck, this what you see. It's a box like most commercial trucks. The box has an overhead door. Running along the top of the box are clearance marker lights. On the side post of the box there are two lights on each side. The top light is red, and serves two purposes. One purpose is the rear running light. The other purpose is the brake light. The second like is a backup light, and is white in color. The problem I am having is as follows. When I pull the light switch out the headlights come on, but the rear running lights don't come on. Neither do the upper clearance marker lights. When I step on the brake peddle the brake lights work fine. The drivers side backup lense is broke, and that light hasn't worked since I got the truck. The rest of the problem just started recently. The other thing I just noticed is that the highbeams aren't right. In theory you use the turn signal arm to work the high/low beams. Pushing the arm forward makes the highbeams stay on, pulling the arm back turns the highbeams on as long as you hold the arm back. That's what is suppose to happen. Right now pulling the arm back, and holding it turns the highbeams on. The problem is pushing forward on the arm does nothing. What do I need to look for?

Blacksnapno. Im sorry but the pic out of the book you put on here i can never see right there to small. Can you make them bigger??

Im not sure if the E vans are like the F truck. But for ever ,back in to the 90s ford has put a fuse box under the hood. That fuse box has fuses that go to the Trailer hook up that goes to the end of the van. And all the Big MAXA fuses that are your main fuses for the truck

Look in that fues box and see if the one for the Trailer maker light is blown. It wouldnt be the first time Ive seen a body place hook up there Because its easy.

Its not the right way to do it But ive seen it done.

There is two sets of fuse in ford truck and vans for all the rear lights. They do it so if a short happen in the trailer your pulling it will not kill the light on the truck when a short happen on the trailer.

If that fuse is not blow then you have a wiring problem in the body. Might be were they criped into the wires at the back of the truck were ford left off and the body wiring started.

Thank you for the info, and input. After reviewing the diagram, I am leaning towards the switch being bad. Or possibly the wire from the fuse box to the switch. It seems to me that some of the lights would still work if it was in the wiring after the switch. When I get the switch out, i will check the wire powering it. If that shows juice, then i will replace the switch.

Thanks for the info, and input. I'm leaning towards the cause being the wire from the fuse box to the switch. Or the switch itself. I think if it was after the switch some of the lights would work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts