Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Roof Cab Lights Installed !!

another plug&play option
IMG_1664.JPG

IMG_1667.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks great; matches your truck well!

Looks great man, I've always liked the look of cab lights and wanted to put some on mine...but was always afraid of the cab leaking.

Looks great man, I've always liked the look of cab lights and wanted to put some on mine...but was always afraid of the cab leaking.

When I took the lights,harness, etc. off the donor truck (it was a '91) there was no sign of water getting through. The base of the lights have a really nice gasket from the factory that gets pinched down when you tighten the screws on the base. :)

When I took the lights,harness, etc. off the donor truck (it was a '91) there was no sign of water getting through. The base of the lights have a really nice gasket from the factory that gets pinched down when you tighten the screws on the base. :)

thats nice...you should post a night pic with turned them on.

looks good man

Welcome, the ones you got look good in the pics

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
Nice! Cab lights make any truck look great!

Thanx for your post brottha.... I have a 85 F350 Dually and was having same problems as you ... I heard ya brottha went too LMC and ordered new light kit soon as it gets here ill be puttin them on ...;

again thanx brottha

Thanx for your post brottha.... I have a 85 F350 Dually and was having same problems as you ... I heard ya brottha went too LMC and ordered new light kit soon as it gets here ill be puttin them on ...;

again thanx brottha

Just so you know, the LMC roof cab lights WILL NOT work without modification to the base to make the factory 1/4 turn plugs on the harness work. If you are going to use their wiring, then it's not a problem, but their supplied wiring just plain.....sucks ! I'm not going to cut the factory Ford harness to get new lenses, so I'll have to bring out the Dremel. Not a problem for me to do, but you would think they would have made an exact copy :confused:

amkat1

well I got the roof lights from LMC..I had already had the same lights from the factory... my problem was they were leaking into the cab during rain driving and were cracked and aged..I left the factory wiring in place and used elec. connectors too install them... when I removed the old ones there was a sealant under the them from the factory.. I used a Blact silicon gasket maker and set them in place... What a difference

Thanks again Brottha

Dawg

p.s. will be posting my 85 F350 crew cab pics soon

amkat1

well I got the roof lights from LMC..I had already had the same lights from the factory... my problem was they were leaking into the cab during rain driving and were cracked and aged..I left the factory wiring in place and used elec. connectors too install them... when I removed the old ones there was a sealant under the them from the factory.. I used a Blact silicon gasket maker and set them in place... What a difference

Thanks again Brottha

Dawg

p.s. will be posting my 85 F350 crew cab pics soon

Awesome ! I could do the same with the quick connectors since it doesn't damage the factory harness, and it's a lot less time consuming than addressing the lens. Interesting about the sealant though. The trucks I have seen didn't have it. Lots of rain here lately, no signs of water getting past the gasket.

smilieFordlogo smiliegitrdone

Ford Truck Articles