Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Roll Bars

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Hi Guys...just wanted to get your opinions on Roll Bars....I have an opportunity to buy a chrome Hickey unit at a real fair price,the bar is brand new still in the box. IMO I think it would be a great add on accesory for the type of rig that mine is...OK Lets here it! Thanks!!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I've always liked the look of roll bars. Gives the truck an old school off road look. You don't see too many roll bars anymore at least in my area.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Personal preference...never go single roll bar...ever. Crew cabs can never pull off roll bars. Super Cabs are really the only 'design' that I would say actually looks good with a roll bar...even then, has to be a triple set up. Regular cab truck...sometimes a triple bar is too much, sometimes a double bar isn't enough...but I wouldn't put one on my truck anyway.

BuzzGun79

I've always liked the look of roll bars. Gives the truck an old school off road look. You don't see too many roll bars anymore at least in my area.

Me to Buck..especially in the Dents...Same here not many with them..I spoke with gentelmen yesterday..he will be sending me some pics over the weekend...

BuzzGun79

Personal preference...never go single roll bar...ever. Crew cabs can never pull off roll bars. Super Cabs are really the only 'design' that I would say actually looks good with a roll bar...even then, has to be a triple set up. Regular cab truck...sometimes a triple bar is too much, sometimes a double bar isn't enough...but I wouldn't put one on my truck anyway.

I hear ya Ben...I guess its a matter of what one likes or doesnt...I think my rig can pull it off tho...As always i appreciate your input..Thanks Guys!!

Buck, I think a single chrome Hickey would look good in that blue 4x4 highboy. If the price is right jump on it. If it doesn't look right but it on craigslist. You might make a dollar or two.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts