Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Red's progression...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dunno if I ever posted any old pics of Red or not, if I did...sorry. But here was the evolution of Red under my ownership:

This was an old scanned in pic, so sorry for the poor quality. The yellow circles were rust and paint issues:

OriginalRed.jpg

And here are a couple pics after getting the front axle back underneath her:

RedWrecked2cropped.jpg

RedWreckedcropped.jpg

RedWrecked4cropped.jpg

And this is her in all of her glory:

DSC01234.jpg

And this is her doing some dirty work not too long ago:

DSC02927.jpg

For those that don't know the story, uninsured drunk driver crossed the double yellow when I was leaving school, his car was used as a ramp and laid me on my side, I slid a little ways and the bed caught a telephone pole, which was about 100ft from a couple hundred middle schoolers. When I got out, my front axle wasn't attached to the truck anymore. My dad showed up to scene of the wreck, asked me how I wanted to die. After he cooled off, he asked if I wanted to scrap it or restore it. So a couple parts trucks and a bunch of DC orders later, it went to a local paint shop, to tie up loose ends and spray her down. I use the term restore relatively loosely because there were some corners cut or just left alone on the underbody and in the engine compartment and some panel issues are arising and becoming mis-aligned and some paint chips and nicks and a couple small dings.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Never seen any old pics... Sure is nice to see that you held onto Red after being hit.

Ya know, my favorite part about Red is the paint line around what should be the race trac trim. Just looks great.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Austin...I've really become fond of the stripe as well. When the time comes, I dunno which route I wanna go, whether or not I want to keep the stripe or go with the trim. I've always loved the trim, and have always wanted to go with the set my dad had chrome dipped at work (I'd also have to get a grille dipped)...and I also have a set of DC trim (excluding the toolbox piece)...but all the holes have to be re-drilled to put the trim on, and if I do that, there is no going back.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
If I was you, I'd go with getting the trim dipped. Since I'm going with the paint lines on my dent that I've yet to buy. :D

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Good pin striping beats chrome trim any day of the week.

I am goin with the race trak but it is personal preference..... Although Reds paint with the stripe looks FANTASTIC !! I am kinda using red as a goal for mine to as lest resemble when shes done. (as "the tank" has same paint scheme)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I also love the pin stripping. I honestly don't know if I'd change it and put the chrome on. I do think shiny chrome trim would look awesome on the truck, but at the same time the stripping looks great too. The stripping gives a unique look to the truck whereas everyone else has chrome.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Geez that's one of the few trucks that still looks pretty badass even smashed up.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Geez that's one of the few trucks that still looks pretty badass even smashed up.

Thanks Sean.

Looks great Ben.!!

I would have had to beat the crp out of the drunk , but he probably wouldn't have felt it.

Why do you have a fence around your boat trailer ?[confused]

I did go pretty insane, had about 100 folks holding me back til my mother got there.

As for the 'fence' it's a net to protect stuff from any bad basketball shots.

I would put the chrome R/T trim , a chrome grill shell and chrome trim around the windshield if it was mine and I had the chrome trim. It looks fine without it but I think it would be awesome with it all...

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Truck looks awesome man! I've seen it before but looking at it never gets old :D! I like the pinstriping better than the trim IMO. Your truck maybe the best looking truck with no trim that I've ever seen!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Dunno if I ever posted any old pics of Red or not, if I did...sorry. But here was the evolution of Red under my ownership:

This was an old scanned in pic, so sorry for the poor quality. The yellow circles were rust and paint issues:

OriginalRed.jpg

And here are a couple pics after getting the front axle back underneath her:

RedWrecked2cropped.jpg

RedWreckedcropped.jpg

RedWrecked4cropped.jpg

And this is her in all of her glory:

DSC01234.jpg

And this is her doing some dirty work not too long ago:

DSC02927.jpg

For those that don't know the story, uninsured drunk driver crossed the double yellow when I was leaving school, his car was used as a ramp and laid me on my side, I slid a little ways and the bed caught a telephone pole, which was about 100ft from a couple hundred middle schoolers. When I got out, my front axle wasn't attached to the truck anymore. My dad showed up to scene of the wreck, asked me how I wanted to die. After he cooled off, he asked if I wanted to scrap it or restore it. So a couple parts trucks and a bunch of DC orders later, it went to a local paint shop, to tie up loose ends and spray her down. I use the term restore relatively loosely because there were some corners cut or just left alone on the underbody and in the engine compartment and some panel issues are arising and becoming mis-aligned and some paint chips and nicks and a couple small dings.

Ben, where is the yellow circle around the front clip for the 400 in it? Awesome truck, I really drool when I see it in your sig line, right up until I "throw up in my mouth" knowing it has a 400 in it. I cannot believe you hauled the manditory spare off to the scrap yard last week. 429, divorced NP 205 460 divorced NP 205, heck even a baller 390 would be cool. I still love ya sweetie.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, where is the yellow circle around the front clip for the 400 in it? Awesome truck, I really drool when I see it in your sig line, right up until I "throw up in my mouth" knowing it has a 400 in it. I cannot believe you hauled the manditory spare off to the scrap yard last week. 429, divorced NP 205 460 divorced NP 205, heck even a baller 390 would be cool. I still love ya sweetie.

Love you too sugar pie. For this truck, my goal was always to be kinda resto-modded, while retaining as much factory as possible. So keeping the 400 in her was a must. However...while I'll never abandon the 335 series...I'm starting to get a phase where more than 350hp would be nice and I don't wanna drop more than 2500 to do it...so thoughts of a 460 going in the Bronco, and yet again having a spare 400 (turn key) is dancing through my mind.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts