Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

recommendations for a 351 build

im looking for some recommendations on what would be a good streetable 351 build. only real requirements are to run on pump gas and id like to use iron heads. something over 300hp and 350+ ft lbs of torque would be ideal. a 393 stroker is also a consideration, so any recommendations on that would be appreciated as well. im looking to stick with using the gt40 intake, which i think will flow good enough.

just looking for ideas.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
dartvictor jr heads.. and a good cam with a 351 and thats over 300 hp already

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
I built a 393 for my 94. I kept it rather mild, but the power is still impressive enough. I used E7TE heads, mild lunati rv grind cam, kept the compression down, right around 9:1. Full length headers and a small 4 barrell.

dart victor jr heads..
Jergen you got 3 different brand heads there all mixed up, Dart, Edelbrock, and World.. and they would all be upgrades over the stock heads.smiliestirthepot

300hp isn't hard at all with a 351, ported E7's, an HO cam and full exhaust is all that needed to exceed that mark. And if the motor doesn't make 400 ft/lbs TQ you really messed up. The better the heads are the more HP and TQ it'll make, there's nowhere to go but up.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
giv 'er a good size cam, roller rockers, a torker II intake manifold, 750 cfm edelbrock thunder series and ull b clearin 350hp without a prollem...u might get close to 400

no carburetors..

i dont want to have to tune something every time the weather changes.

Why do you have to tune a carb every time the weather changes?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts