Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rebuilding steering column?

Is there bearings and such available to rebuild a steering column? Mine is shot. Also anybody know where I could get a new ps pump pulley?

Plans for the truck in the next couple months consist of all new vacuum lines and get rid of the inverted y so I can run a pitman arm for the lift that's on it. Then redo the steering column because it's junk

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
CGFordParts should have everything you need to rebuild the column although I haven't looked at a parts diagram to confirm.

The PS pump pulley part number I found for your 76 F150 with a 360 is C7AZ 3A733-E. Might not be a bad idea to confirm the part number with what you already have on the truck. The pulley might be harder to find but it looks like they pop up on eBay occasionally. Maybe get a pump off a newer truck in a salvage yard?

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
CGFordParts should have everything you need to rebuild the column although I haven't looked at a parts diagram to confirm.

The PS pump pulley part number I found for your 76 F150 with a 360 is C7AZ 3A733-E. [confused]

Might not be a bad idea to confirm the part number with what you already have on the truck.
No part numbers marked on parts since 1956.

The pulley might be harder to find but it looks like they pop up on eBay occasionally. Maybe get a pump off a newer truck in a salvage yard?
C7AZ-3A733-A (replaced C5AZ-3A733-F - Marked AF) .. P/S Pump Pulley / Marked: 7AA / Obsolete

1968/72 F100/350 360/390 with A/C / 1973/76 F100/350 360/390 with/without A/C

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts