Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rebuilding an E40D

So many of you have seen my post to my trans problems. I still have not got a good diagnosis but my plan of attack is a rebuild. I've heard to many different guesses from valve body's to torque converter and clutches. That's why I choose complete rebuild to fix whatever it is, rather then throwing a few hundred here and pray its the problem. So I want to find out if anybody has some info as to what parts or company's to go with for a HD rebuild. A friend of mine has talked to a guy that quoted me $2500 with a HD torque converter, shift kit and other upgrades I haven't talked to him personally so not sure what it includes other than a 24 month warranty. I saw a company on line called BD transmission which looked pretty good, any advice towards a mail order company or a in town rebuild would be great. Unfortunately I'm not sure how great our shops are here since we don't have any race tracks drag stripes or mudd boggers near by that I would absolutely trust for a heavy duty rebuild.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Expensive, but OEM 2 year unlimited mileage warranty.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I have done the Ford rebuild on an E4OD, and a 4R70W
I have had NO problems with either one

The E4OD truck is a plow truck, in it's 6th year after the rebuild

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Ford sells rebuilt with 2 +warranty for less that I can get done local and they only have a with 3- 6 month warranty .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts