Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

real quick e-fan q!

ok so i have a t-bird fan already mounted and im into the wiring, i know how to wire it all EXCEPT! one thing. there are 3 wires on the fan. one is ground and the other 2 im not sure of. one is orange/blk and the other is blue (i would imagine for the 2-speeds) i would like to wire it up so the thermo is powering the normal speed and then i want to run a switch with a relay to the high speed side. like a manual override switch for towing and rushhour traffic on 110* days. anyone wanna tell me what wire is what??? thanks!!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
That's exactly the way that I wired my efan, with one exception-- it would also turn on the low speed when the A/C is turned on (which I recommend you do). I believe this is the final circuit that I ended up using:

newfancircuitwithlabels.png

If you have trouble reading the diagram let me know. I spent months drawing up different wiring diagrams and this is the best I could come up with.

I can't recall which fan wires are for which speeds-- just put 12v on each to see which blows more air. Good luck!

a/c has been deleted to get ready for the york install. its a dual fan controller im running one fan so just leave the other one unhooked right?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
If you're not running the A/C then you can delete that center relay and all associated circuitry, like this:

fancircuit.jpg

Much simple that way ;) And yeah if your temp-operated switch can supply 2 fans, I presume you can just leave one blank. But I'd have to see the switch to be sure.

Also make sure to use a 75amp relay for the high-speed-- it pulls a LOT of power.

ok thats basically how i was going to do it just with a single throw switch for the high side, but a DT switch would make it much more versatile. thanks for the idea!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts