Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ready to Camp!

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Hey Guys,
Well, FINALLY after a couple years, Burt is ready to pull the travel trailer to the beach! Can't wait! I've got to finish the brake wiring on the trailer on Friday and then we are off! Here's a pic of Burt ready to go!
Dak

389187010.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Now that's a set up. Good to see these trucks still towing like that and not pushed aside for some big smelly diesel. Do you have a round trip mieage estimate?

dakonthemountain

Ben, It's only a couple hundred miles this trip. In the fall I hope to pull the trailer about a thousand miles winding out to Utah to Zion National Park by way of Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forrest.
Dak

I got 8.5mpg on the average when I was carrying around the 4,000lb cabover camper in my gallery. The trailer actually weighs in about the same, so I imagine I'll get close to the same mpg, at least I hope so!
Dak

P.S. Leaving now! :wavey:

Good luck bud, take plenty of pics :)

dakonthemountain

Well...... I Never left the driveway. Brakes completely locked up on the trailer as soon as I applied them the first time and after hours of trying to diagnose the problem gave up:headbang: I'm going to put it up on jacks and re-do what I had already done that WAS working fine!! Electric brakes are a snap, so all I can think of is it is a ground problem somewhere or a stripped wire shorting out causing the circuit to close as soon as I moved the trailer... GGGGGRRRRR!!!! ended up going back to Burbank with the Saturn and went to a neighbors house on the roof to see the fireworks (the ones not going off in my head!) Hope you all had a great 4th!
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry to hear that Dak. I was looking forward to pics. I'm sure you'll get it all figured out and get another trip in some time soon.

Break-away switch is on ?

dakonthemountain

No Dennis, I wish it were that easy. there is an open circuit in the frame/axels. I am just going to pull the wires and redo them all. It's a simple job really, but at the time I just gave up after trying to trace it for hours!
Dak

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts