Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Radio swap

Just bought a 2007 F150 Lariat super crew. Question on the radio, it has the nav/sirius radio but no bluetooth sync for cellular phones. My 07 Mustang had to have the aftermarket bluetooth setup with the push botton fob. I am assuming the F150 would have had to have that as well but the previous owner didn't opt for it. Can I swap a 2008 or newer radio with the Sync without major changes in the back end?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Just bought a 2007 F150 Lariat super crew. Question on the radio, it has the nav/sirius radio but no bluetooth sync for cellular phones. My 07 Mustang had to have the aftermarket bluetooth setup with the push botton fob. I am assuming the F150 would have had to have that as well but the previous owner didn't opt for it. Can I swap a 2008 or newer radio with the Sync without major changes in the back end?

Theres another module involved in SYNC as well. Its called the APIM module. Of course all of the associated wiring too.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
here is a pic of the one I had in my 04

100_0893.jpg

That unit was bluetooth capable but required an extra module that I didn't buy.

I think most newer units have the bluetooth already included.

I wanted to stay with a Ford unit to avoid some pinhead decided to five finger discount my stereo. However, I may not have a choice I suppose. I could go with the setup in my 07 Mustang I suppose if they still make it.

Ford Truck Articles