Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Racin' tonight

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
The fluidampr is the same size, it just reduces torsional vibration and loads much better than the two piece rubber style. They have been used for years on race motors, and GM even sells them through there parts counters. Here is a link to the Fluidampr website for more info on them.
www.fluidampr.com/

I would be inclined to believe the problem with the LPOP is coming from the increased Hp & Torque mods to the engine not the Fluidampr. In fact the fluidampr should help the lower end of the motor last longer by reducing the harmonic and torsional load vibration. I believe Matt told me he has upgraded the gears in the LPOP do to the increased perfromance he runs.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
From my research and readings, the guys that are losing the LPOP gears, including myself, are racing when the failure occurs. The problem seems to come out at higher RPM ranges. It's not the amount of HP or TQ, but the rev of the engine. They seem to be failing when the shift points are set above 4K. I know that Friday night, I was shifting in the 4200-4400 RPM range. And the time it shut down, I'm pretty sure it may have reached as high as 4500 RPM. Once the chemicals hit, nothing could keep up. :) I have read about stockers breaking their gears, but again, at the time, I believe they were racing and may have been running tune files which would have them shifting in the upper RPM ranges.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
yeah, you got an update?

Ryan

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Still waiting to get my bay. He's damned Pro-Street dragster is still in MY spot in his shop. lol Got the parts though. $20.42 for new LPOP gears and an O-Ring gasket.

i'd say it appears that way.....

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
you may be having to replace the front cover. if you have any grooves cut into the cover, it has to be replaced. also you will need a front crank seal. inspect the oil filter very closely for metal shavings and if you find any, cross your fingers for no further damage.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
you may be having to replace the front cover. if you have any grooves cut into the cover, it has to be replaced. also you will need a front crank seal. inspect the oil filter very closely for metal shavings and if you find any, cross your fingers for no further damage.
Got a front cover off the spare engine if I need it. I just didn't want to reuse the oil pump gears from the spare. :) I'd read to even run a magnet down into the oil galley as far as I can to see if any went into the lines there.

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
to do that, you will have to remove your oil cooler. the oil cooler basin is the next step for metal before the filter housing.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow! that sounds awesome man what is that monsters 0-60,qt time?
I wish there was racing like that around here...
Lol! Clearly you didn't read the rest of the thread.

Todd's excitement only lasted a short period of time before his motor created a mushroom cloud :rofl2:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Oh...... uh ha I just read every thing...
Well best of luck to you there dude.
Personally after my engine went Thermonuclear I would have just gone home...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
where is todd ?? havent seen him for a while!

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
So whats the story with the LPOP gears you find out what killed them?
Leaning toward's RPM's killing the LPOP gears (upwards of 4500 when they made a funny noise and quit). As for the rest, well, got her too hot to much. EGT's well over 2000 when racing. Made the pistons and rods very brittle. Turned on the NOS and water/meth and it just couldn't handle the pressure and it found a weak spot. The whole bottom side of the block. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ouch, so you build a new motor? Or run the one you had sitting?
Currently running a 2004 6.0L that I had sitting as spare. Still have the return regulated fuel system, FASS fuel pump and Banks Intercooler and Jobe Filter, but stock turbo and injectors and all else. Sold off the NOS and Water/Meth Systems too. I'll build it bigger and better one day, but I gotta get the first one paid off. lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts