Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Race Track Trim

no, at each end there are spring keepers/trim attachments that are best removed by removing the nut that holds them on.

the center section snaps off

MouldingFasteners2.jpg

MouldingFasteners1.jpg

Last edited:
Its not hard at all to remove. Just look at the backside of the inner fenders and remove all the nuts that hold it on and the rest just unsnaps out of the keepers.

A's on one diagram.

C's in another.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
Getting the trim off the bed may be easier, but getting it off the front clip looks like you'd be better off removing the fender to get at the inner nuts. PITA
This trim would be a painter's nitemare to R and R, unless he just taped it off and left it, which probably happens a lot.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The trim is fairly easy to remove but there are a couple places that are a pain. Right above the wheel wells in the rear and the very front of the fender trim. The rest is pretty easy to get too. When I replaced mine, I'm glad I cut out the inner fenders, cuz putting it back was way easier. And also, talk about being a pain, try drilling out all the holes for this trim.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts