Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

R.I.P frankenford

jager420

gotta love an old ford
the frankenford died today, she was idlling in my driveway today i was listening to the engine misfire trying to figure out what the issue was, and it started shaking violently, so violently that the alternator bracket broke and cause the fan on the alternator to start cutting in the bracket, i shut it off ask quick i could after that it wouldnt start, its been making terrible noises the entire time ive had it, it sounded like the engine didnt wanna crank then whatever was stopping it finally gave in and it would fire up. im gonna junk the engine and replace it , no idea yet as to what im gonna put in it, but i figured id let everyone know what happened.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
When is the funeral?

Ryan

MY 400 acted like that at the end with 424,000 KM's on it.

I knew the timing gears and chain were so bad that it was only days until it would ping at idle ;) and die.

I had the 429 all prepped and ready to drop in

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ehhh...tis minor surgery.Frankenford will be back in full swing in no time.

jager420

gotta love an old ford
there will be no funeral only a revival lol , maybe a cummins turbo diseal, if i knew anything about diseal engines i would consider it but alas i dont, my buddy has a 5.0 302 hes rebuilding and upgrading all the fancy bells and whistles , so thats probably whats gonna be going in her till i can afford a bigger one, i knew the timing was F***ed up but i didnt know how to fix it and didnt have the money to have a mechanic look at it. oh well i look at it as a good thing, the 4.9 it had in it was just not cutting it, i got laughed at by all my friends with f150s with the 5.0's or the 460's lol im in the process of gutting the engine should be out in a few days.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts