Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Quick Question?

I did in my 94 single cab, and I do now behind the rear bench in my crew cab. My sub boxes are specially made to be used behind the seats of pickup trucks. They're kinda wedge-shaped, made by Q-Logic specifically for trucks. Like this, but not nearly as loooong:

41nGXwtcqkL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I think mine are about 8" deep at the lowest point and they worked fine in my single cab. Granted I had to scoot the seats forward a touch-- really tall people bitched about it, even though they could fit with minimal room to stretch out.

Yeah thats about what I made mine look like EXCEPT I just made it just big enough for a shallow mount kicker CVT10 and its short enough that I didn't need to go with the wedge idea, so hopefully it fits all good and what not.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The idea behind the wedges lies in the fact that your seat back is never going to be perfectly perpendicular to the rear wall of the cab while the truck is being operated-- for obvious reasons. that would be HELL on your back during long trips. So making it wedge shaped allows you to better utilize all of the given space between the seat and the wall, while it also helps keep my subs in place since I didn't bother to secure them to the truck (why bother?). The seats lock my subs against the rear wall, real tight and secure.

The idea behind the wedges lies in the fact that your seat back is never going to be perfectly perpendicular to the rear wall of the cab while the truck is being operated-- for obvious reasons. that would be HELL on your back during long trips. So making it wedge shaped allows you to better utilize all of the given space between the seat and the wall, while it also helps keep my subs in place since I didn't bother to secure them to the truck (why bother?). The seats lock my subs against the rear wall, real tight and secure.

True True...And the door speakers are like 6.5' right? Or just a little smaller?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The speakers in the front doors are 6 1/2". My rear speakers in the corners of the cab are 6x8" but I dont think the gen 8's rear speakers in stock form, do they?

The speakers in the front doors are 6 1/2". My rear speakers in the corners of the cab are 6x8" but I dont think the gen 8's rear speakers in stock form, do they?

If I do have rear speakers they don't work haha but I don't believe that gen 8 has rear speakers in the single cabs maybe in the Extended?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You any good at carpentry? You can make a subwoofer box that suits your needs perfectly, including a mounting location for an amp. I made one for mine.

subwooferdiagram-1.jpg

Ryan

Last edited:

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You got lucky Ryan. I was gonna give you an infraction, but I don't have that button for admins.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts