Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

quick opinion question

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's what my son said- three years ago. Now it's gonna cost him almost three grand to remove all the dents, scuffs, and scrapes. :headbang: Would have paid off to pay attention and excercise just a little caution.

Wise words...from an even wiser man. At least somebody gets me.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Eh why pull em out? It gives the truck character.

True, if that's its intended purpose. But like it or not, there are times when your vehicle may be projected as an extension of yourself, and having a beater might be considered uncouth. Not to mention, you never know when you may decide you want/need a nice truck, it's alot cheaper to spray some paint than if you need to do body work too.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah thats true. But untill ya do decide to get it painted why not have fun with it.

Have you priced out bodywork (moderate quality around $60-75/hr) or quality replacement panels lately (2-500 per quarter)? That's why. If you have a beater, let it be a beater...no need to beat up on a nice truck.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah I have priced it out. I just believe that if ya still plan on usin it as a truck then why bother gettin it painted untill ya either have another truck to play with or lose intrest in drivin the thing.

Ford Truck Articles