Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question about a harmonic balancer and timing

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah I was thinkin' the same thing as you-- then I had to start thinking about what exactly determines the rotational position of those timing marks... The keyway on the crank/balancer ;)

dreamison

Texas Chapter member
I do have the balancer from the explorer and the old balancer from the truck, I could compare the timing marks relative to the key way and see iif they are the same. Not sure if the pointer on the two mount in the same location though.

Don't have a intake tube for the airbox yet but plan on making one somehow, maybe attach it from the bottom. I just made a box to try an block off some of the heat from the engine and make it suck from the front and driver fender side of the truck. Kind of like the K&N kit but without the $285 price tag for a piece of plastic. I will try and get some pics up of it if I can get it all finished today...

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
the explorer balancer will work with the explorer timing cover and timing marker..

F150 balancer will work with F150 timing cover and pointer you cant mix up the 2.. i had that prob with an Explorer timing cover and pointer with the F150 balancer..

Ford Truck Articles