Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Put a price tag on my truck

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
86 F-150 4X4
300i6 with an offy dual plane intake and edelbrock carb.
4spd manual.

New water pump
New shocks up front
Head gasket was just replaced
New intake gasket and Valve cover gasket

Everything works

Truck runs pretty good. I haven't had a chance to tune anything so its a little stumbly but it starts right up and steers shifts and stops really good.

It has no rust at all, but it does have a crinkled front fender and a dent in the bed. However the paint on the truck is newer and pretty good still.

Has a brush guard up front delta tool box in the back.

Tires are brand new.

has extra set of 15" chrome wagon wheels mounted on wore out 31" tires in the bed of it, they hold air, but they are shot.

Has nice carpet in it, the seat is out of a newer truck, but has a small tear.

Dash is toast around the speaker hole and the radio is gone.

What do you think i can get for it? I have a friend who is looking at purchasing it from me.

Heres a pic

91934520390.jpg

Last edited:

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
also, i should mention, its not that dirty :)

but those are the wheels and tires that are going with it.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Original
MSRP $8,373
Low$2,075
Average$4,050
High$6,875

ADD-4 WHEEL DRIVE $225 $400 $550
DEDUCT-6CYL ENG -10% -10% -10%
TOTAL PRICE: $8,373 $2,093 $4,045 $6,738

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Yeah i was thinking id start out around 3. What would you think that truck is classified as? Low/ave?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If items are missing, broken, or need to be replaced, people are going to be putting it in an avg/low category, just because the majority of people will have to pay someone else to do the work.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If you post a picture on Craigslist or Ebay, don't put one with mud......one would assume you beat it up on mud runs and bogs. But you mentioned it's going to someone already interested, so maybe a non-issue.

Up here a rig like that, just cause of the 4wd, would go for about $2500-3000 assuming you're accurate with regards to the rust and frame.

What's the mileage?

Yeah i was thinking id start out around 3. What would you think that truck is classified as? Low/ave?

Average for sure, without a doubt. Trucks that are in the low category:- rusted, major body dents, bald tires, bad brakes, cracked window shield, missing bumpers/trim etc. torn up interiors, bad paint, bad engine/transmission, etc. to list a few. So much needs to be done in this low range that it reflects in the price.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
If you post a picture on Craigslist or Ebay, don't put one with mud......one would assume you beat it up on mud runs and bogs. But you mentioned it's going to someone already interested, so maybe a non-issue.

Up here a rig like that, just cause of the 4wd, would go for about $2500-3000 assuming you're accurate with regards to the rust and frame.

What's the mileage?

150ish

Id snap updated pics of it before it goes on cl for sure.

I think ill shoot for 2500 and see what that gets me. Its a decent truck. I just have 3 pickups and a blazer. Starting to look like a used car lot. Lol

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts