Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Pullin the head liner

I have a 95 Ranger extended cab and I need to pull the head liner because its starting to sag in places. I'm going to recover it and am just wondering the best way to get it out of the truck. I was thinking of pulling seats out to make it easyer to get the headliner out. Any tips on the best way of doing it.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Leave the seats in. The headliner is not bad to remove.

You ever done it on an extended cab, Randy? When I put the CB in my '97 (extended cab) I dropped the headliner down and laid it on top of the seats/dash, but I couldn't get it out the door with the seats in. Probably not bad on a standard cab or 4-door...but I think his truck is the same as mine.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Might be a good idea to pull the seats then.

I know when I was trying to get mine out, I decided pretty quick it was easier to leave the headliner in the truck but "dropped" and work around it, so I never tried...but my recollection is that I wasn't too confident even pulling the seats would make it an easy job.

Not trying to discourage you, 78F250SCCS- if I was going to try to get it out, I think I'd start by removing the passenger's seat and reclining the driver's seat all the way. Not guaranteeing that's all you'll need to do, but I think it's the easiest course of action that "might" work.

Other than actually getting the thing out of the cab, though, it's not a bad job. I got impatient and cracked the plastic on the passenger side pillar by the seatbelt, but with a little more care that should have been avoided (as it was on the other side) and everything else was pretty straightforward and easy.

Thanks guys, I'm thinking I'm going to pull the seats. The frames on the buckets are rusted up so it will give me a chance to clean them up as well. I might pull the rug and use a bed liner on the floor to prevent any rust as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts