Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Proud New Owner 92 FSB

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd say your AC has been converted to R134a (new stuff)

Unless my eyes decieve me, in that first pic you can see a blue capped thing that looks like a 134a adaptor. Standard on a conversion from that era.

Matt, I think you're right....all the fittings and hoses look pretty darn new.....there is no way those parts are 21 years old....I mean, even if it was stored in a heated garage, he couldn't have put what's on the clock, which is 111k.

Thanks for letting me know. Like already mentioned, we won't address it if it's working, but it makes me feel better that it's possible it's already converted. AC was a must if we're going to use it as a family, which we are.

And not sure how it blew back in the R12 days, but this thing blows as cold if not colder, than any of the modern vehicles we own.

Sweet deal Ken, solid looking rig. That should suit your family and needs nicely. You'll be happy with that rig.

Ben, thanks! It's everything we hoped for for our family's use....we're pretty psyched!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
wow, for what you paid Ken, you could flip it and make a nice profit,

but you won't!!

seeing all the new pic's, your Bronco is so clean, I think the PO was either the Man from Glad, or the King himself, Mr.Clean!

:)

Yup, been looking for a Bronco for a few weeks or so and from what I saw on ebay, rigs similar to this (not even as clean!) were selling for $7-10k, which is a little high IMO, but reasonable.

Not selling this one!!!! I think I can enjoy this bad boy for many, many years to come!smilieFordlogo

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Congradulations Ken!! A one of a kind find for sure.From my perspective the oil pan seepage may just be a gasket or loose pan bolts.I would also consider getting her rust proofed and re undercoated if you plan on winter driving.She will hold up a long time then.That Rig was well taken care of.Im happy for you!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Congradulations Ken!! A one of a kind find for sure.From my perspective the oil pan seepage may just be a gasket or loose pan bolts.I would also consider getting her rust proofed and re undercoated if you plan on winter driving.She will hold up a long time then.That Rig was well taken care of.Im happy for you!

Thanks bro....appreciate it. I agree on the undercoating cause we will be driving this rig year round.

There's not a lot of specialty places around here for undercoating.....would I have to go to a dealership for that?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Got a line-x dealer around you??? Just go that route.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Got a line-x dealer around you??? Just go that route.

Will have to look...never messed with it before....but I'm sure there's one within a few hours of me....has to be. Portland is a pretty big city.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^didn't know there were dealers for stuff like this....I've always sprayed a wax like coating under our DD for protection and they've held up fine....but would be nice to have this baby done professionally as I believe it will outlast all of our other vehicles, except maybe the 77 F150....those two can be by eachother's side for many years to come!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
im lucky.. the Flareside has been converted to R-134A... but needs to be recharged.. AC no worky..

Weather isn't too bad where you are though, eh? I'm sure there are a few hot days that warrant AC....and Maine really isn't that bad, it's just the humidity that will make a ride miserable a few months out of the year. The other 9 months are window time and heat!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
FOUND one 34 miles from me. Maine is moving up in the world! smilieFordlogo

I'd just go that route and call it done...it'll probably add 100-150lbs but will last a good long time.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I'd just go that route and call it done...it'll probably add 100-150lbs but will last a good long time.

Don't care about added weight or mpg's.

Nice find Ken. There's nothing like the feel of driving a bronco.

Thanks Mark....man, I'm still gleaming about this purchase. Wifey is laughing at me....we've ran the last few errands in it the last 2 days while her suv hasn't even been started. Have the baby seat and DVD player for the little guy all installed already. smilieFordlogo

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Weather isn't too bad where you are though, eh? I'm sure there are a few hot days that warrant AC....and Maine really isn't that bad, it's just the humidity that will make a ride miserable a few months out of the year. The other 9 months are window time and heat!

hell no... it's bad alot... 105 alot this year with like 80% humidity...

but when get the truck rolling with the windows down and vent windows open it aint super super bad..

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
5.0Flareside said:

but when get the truck rolling with the windows down and vent windows open it aint super super bad..

Dang.....get that thing charged!!!!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
5.0Flareside said:

Btw, with a little more humidity, that's worse than any summer day we'll ever experience in Maine!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I just found out that OJ had the same gen Bronco that I got....looks pretty darn close. His was a 1994 and mine a 92, but both look real close!

ojbronco.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I just found out that OJ had the same gen Bronco that I got....looks pretty darn close. His was a 1994 and mine a 92, but both look real close!

ojbronco.jpg

Yes, but yours isn't quite so "famous", and that's not a bad thing. That had to have been one of the most boring chase scenes I've ever watched on television.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

ojbronco.jpg

I sat and watched the whole slow speed chase, just like most of you! Boring ending though, Kato just drives into the driveway.:hammer:

Hey Ken, I think O.J.'s has a few extra gas tanks though, lol

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Yes, but yours isn't quite so "famous", and that's not a bad thing. That had to have been one of the most boring chase scenes I've ever watched on television.

It was pretty boring, that's for sure.

I sat and watched the whole slow speed chase, just like most of you! Boring ending though, Kato just drives into the driveway.:hammer:

Hey Ken, I think O.J.'s has a few extra gas tanks though, lol

Yup, I watched it also! Terrible.

I don't know...these rigs have a 33 gallon tank, I believe....when I first filled it up, I put in over 27 gallons, so not 100% sure. I'll have to check the manual.

Also, interesting that he had just bought this rig cause the chase was in 1994 (correct?) and his Bronc was a 1994.

smilieFordlogo

Wonder what happened to the original rig?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts