Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Proud new Econoline P/U owner

Hello all,
I recently became the third owner of a poppy red 1965 Spring Special and i just wanted to say hello. I'm sure I will have some questions soon, as I am just starting to get going with restoration.
Dirk
4579274026_9a9756096c_b.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF smilieFordlogo those are sure few and far between! It looks to be in good shape!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy cow...that's only the 3rd one I've ever seen. Pretty cool to say the least. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay.

thanks guys...I also own a '95 Ranger and had an '83 Ranger and '78 Courier before that. Love Ford trucks!
The Econoline is pretty rare (I think there were maybe less than 90 of the 5 window, but don't quote me on that-just something i seem to remember reading) This one is a Spring Special and it came with white interior accents, white seats and steering wheel, chrome bumpers and the side trim. I have every receipt for service since it was new and even some gas/mileage logs from the original owner in South Dakota. I have restored the interior of the camper already and this winter I hope to get the body work done and paint her back to the original color. First owner used house paint on the lower panels for some reason. I just rolled 70,000 miles over on it and am using it for my daily driver. I am in love with this truck! And my wife's okay with that! :)

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
lookin sharp bud whats it got in it?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I'm sure you have some questions, but I have one for you! Are you keeping the camper top?

The engine is a 170 inline 6 and yes, I do plan to keep the camper shell. It's a 1966 Trail Master, wooden frame with aluminum shell and I've already redone it and been camping in it!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Camping out of a truck is always an experience! Where about in Georgia are you?

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Oh, by the way, I am in the process of trying to start a Georgia chapter... If I can get your vote in on the 'Georgia Chapter?' thread, we'll be good to go.

That's all for my sales pitch! :D

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Welcome to FTF! That is a cool truck!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts