Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project Thread?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
What's wrong with a link to a photo album in your sig? If someone is that interested, then they'll click the link.

Because I don't want to search the threads for user posts so that I can click a link in their sig. If I wanted to see Tony's build thread, how am I gonna find it when he rarely posts? Besides, after I got done with his build thread, what do I do when I wanna see Ben's build thread next? I'm gonna have to search the forums for his last post and then go to his sig.

If it was in a sticky or subforum, I would have a list of the build threads right there, and could just go gown the list viewing people's projects. I don't want to search the gen 6 section to see Ben's post from 6 months ago about his new rims, because I would have to search through all the threads about replacing dentside water pumps, replacing dentside windshields, etc.

Click the linky I put, it explains what i'm talking about.

Here's a link to a search I did here for Ben's username and his posts. Anybody willing to take the time and find all the threads about the cosmetics he's done to his vehicle? I didn't think so.

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/search.php?searchid=565208

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I guess I definitely do see why not to have one. Definitely more trouble than it's worth. That said, I always did hate the 'search' replies. I know I have difficulty finding stuff some times, or a thread title has nothing to do with the content...or here it goes off topic, but might have something I wanted to know in it. So, now put that way...I suppose I'm more for 'ask the question and someone will explain or post a link.'

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
So would we have double postings of build threads? Builds are a long and ongoing process but how do you define build?

Theres a thread from when i lifted my ford in the offroading category, theres a thread from my motor and tranny swap in the gen 8 section, theres countless threads about little things like my CB hidaway wiring and my bumper build...etc.. all that go towards the end result of my truck as it now sits...i for one dont think i would waste my time tracking all those down and compiling them to one build thread that is a hundred pages long..
I also wouldnt expect someone to read that thread to find out how i ran my cb wires..if they wanted to know they could search for the original thread or PM me simple as that

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
And this is exactly why I only suggested the idea. Some people don't mind reposting stuff, others do. I obviously have no problem with it, but then again that's because I like to see others' build progress too.

Right now, I don't see it happening any time in the near future. The site just isn't big enough and we don't have enough support for the idea. It was worth bringing up though.

/Thread closed.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Who are you to close a thread just because your opinion wasnt supported?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Who are you to close a thread just because your opinion wasnt supported?

I didn't close the thread, i'm not a mod. Wrong word choice.

And I didn't end it because my idea wasn't supported. I'm not even completely sure I wanted a project thread here. I wanted to find out the interest in it, and I found out there's very little interest in actually going through with it, so my question has been answered. There's just no point in continuing this thread if the question has been answered.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
New ideas are always welcome but may take time and tweaking to get them done.

One problem we have is we tend to get off-topic, so what sometimes is a great thread winds up getting derailed and 3-4 pages off track and then the thread loses all purpose.

The site Ben used as an example does a good job with theirs, they also have guidelines to what a build is: http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54839

A lot to think about in order to get something like this right.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts