Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Price that Dentside

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
From what I've seen, the Pacific Northwest region seems to be a better market for trucks like ours (asking prices are higher)

Definitely...I find the PNW trucks and the south eastern trucks to be in about the same shape on the whole...and seem to be an equal amount of them. Yet, routinely I see PNW trucks about 15-3000 more than what I would expect to pay here.

That being said, I think the south western trucks are by far the best deal, seem to be in the best shape and uber cheap.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I had an appraisal done on mine before the tear down...$13.5K.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I had an appraisal done on mine before the tear down...$13.5K.

Had one on Red after the restore...can't remember if it was 20 or 25k (it's insured for 20k replacement), and I'm sure once you're done, you'll be on up there too...but I wouldn't expect to get more than 10k for it...been offered that a couple times...but I'll never sell.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It was solely for insurance purposes.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Another appraisal after the engine build and partial restore?

Yep...and it will be fully restored with as much NOS as I can find.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yep...and it will be fully restored with as much NOS as I can find.

Gotcha...didn't realize you were doing a whole restore...thought you were just fixing some things that didn't please you.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Gotcha...didn't realize you were doing a whole restore...thought you were just fixing some things that didn't please you.

That was the intention, but when I removed the engine and saw how grimey everything was, I figured I'd take the cab and box off and clean it up...then I got to thinking that I really want to do this once....so now everything such as the frame, axles, transmissin, t-case, engine is being powdercoated and the body will be stripped to metal and repainted.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
anyone interested in my 77 150 SC 460 ON PROPANE ?

I need money to finish paying off mY CC.

Did you sell this?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
What you guys think my 77 is worth??

My dually??

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Ya, I'd kinda like to know what everyone's opinion on what my 77 is worth. I haven't gotten an appraisal yet, but wondering what people would actually be willing to give is I were to put it on ebay or craigslist. (no I'm not, but curious).

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ya, I'd kinda like to know what everyone's opinion on what my 77 is worth. I haven't gotten an appraisal yet, but wondering what people would actually be willing to give is I were to put it on ebay or craigslist. (no I'm not, but curious).

I'm not as qualified to answer as most of you fellas on here, but I think I would have easily paid for yours for what we got the 79 for.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What you guys think my 77 is worth??

My dually??

Got a picture??? I don't remember the rig.

Remember...appraisal typically doesn't equate to selling prices. Red was appraised at 25k for Hagerty purposes...but I haven't seen a dentside sell for 25k in a long time, if ever. That said, I think you could probably swing 12k in this market...15 when it gets a little stronger, or if the right buyer just has to have your truck. I really think the market is swinging upward pretty hard on the all original trucks and the nice restores. Had this been a year ago, I think 8-10k is where most restorations were topping out.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Best pic of the dually that i had on hand....

184701_10150182631830968_7089189_n.jpg

906704_10151799962830968_1539521345_o.jpg

The 77.

I would say both trucks rate in the 4-6 point range. The dually being closer to a 4 and the 77 a 6. Both run and drive great....have no real mechanical issues and are reliable enough to DD.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Being 2wd is what's gonna hurt them for my area. Dually I'd say 1000-1500 and the 77 I'd say 1500-2000. Keep in mind though, I'm spoiled and have an abundance of minimal rust southern trucks.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Thats the ballpark i was thinking. Im thinking of selling them and gettin rid of colroado for a superduty.

I Was gonna put 1500 on the dually and 2500 on the 77.

Thanks for confirming :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Remember...appraisal typically doesn't equate to selling prices. Red was appraised at 25k for Hagerty purposes...but I haven't seen a dentside sell for 25k in a long time, if ever. That said, I think you could probably swing 12k in this market...15 when it gets a little stronger, or if the right buyer just has to have your truck. I really think the market is swinging upward pretty hard on the all original trucks and the nice restores. Had this been a year ago, I think 8-10k is where most restorations were topping out.

Which would have been me, only knowing the care you take of it and your detailed build! There's a few rigs on here where I'd buy immediately and Buck's is one of them.

Being 2wd is what's gonna hurt them for my area. Dually I'd say 1000-1500 and the 77 I'd say 1500-2000. Keep in mind though, I'm spoiled and have an abundance of minimal rust southern trucks.

Kinda what I was thinking!

Two years ago I bought this '79 F-150 Custom Short bed Stepside 4x4 for $3000. It was drivable but not safely streetable. Trailered it home about 200 miles. Since then I've been through it from bumper-bumper except for the paint. The 400 has been rebuilt and warmed over a bit, new interior, brake system redone, new taillight and brackets and a custom rear bumper. The only rust was the bottom lower fronts of both rear fenders and that's been repaired. The truck was a CA truck and now an AZ truck, thus very little rust!!
It's not a show truck but is my occasional driver.
Hopefully this winter I'll get it prepped and painted. There are a few very small dents and dings. The original paint is Ford Coral which is a bit faded. I repainted the interior with the Coral and it really made the exterior look dull.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had owned my 78 f150 Ranger Lariat for
about five months, had paid between
8 and 9 grand for it here in NY I had
bought it from a friend who told me that It
had come from Texas, he had done a partial
Restoration on basically a really clean truck, I
Would rate mine at about an 8 or a 9. I'm
Happy with it. Good ones are out there if you
Know where to look for them, with me I knew someone
that had one, and I was in the right spot at the right time.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts